What Happens Next? (a bunch of questions)

So I've been doing the same programme for about 12 weeks, should I change it? Or keep it in a if it's not broke don't fix it vein...changed a few things to stop me getting bored but the general principal is focused around 3 full body workouts per week based on compound lifts.

Anyone got any good tips for building up calf muscles?

When does the contest end again?

Recommend me some decent but not too expensive scales, I think my house mates aren't very accurate and not enjoying supporting my higher weight much

Belts? Why do people wear them? Do you need to when you start lifting over a certain level as a precaution?

If I bulk up to a point and then try to cut back on my percentage body fat, how much 'over' say a target weight should I aim to be? i.e. where do I stop!

Anyone got any good tips for building up calf muscles?

Lots and lots of very painful sets but remember calf muscles will only get so big(without drugs) depending on your genetics.

Belts? Why do people wear them? Do you need to when you start lifting over a certain level as a precaution?

I think you should only use them if your back is bad already or maybe if your maxing out. You really don't otherwise unless you want to lift more. They allow some people to lift more but your muscles aren't really working harder since the belt is doing it for you. Also lots/most of Olympic lifters don't wear any belts.

It should only work your calves if you have ankle height skates since you can't move your ankle in a full boot. When I stopped playing hockey and started playing other sports again I soon realized how weak my calves and ankles had gotten. They would sprain very easily and now I still suffer from it.