Healing Tattoo's

sydneyvegan

I used Mary Hempster Tattoo stick for the first three days(washing the tattoo twice a day after the first day where you only wash once) then I went to ALBA's uncented lotion(not everything they make is vegan but this is an they don't test...plus its pretty cheap) for about a week. I heal pretty quick with this stuff but I guess I always do.

I used Mary Hempster Tattoo stick for the first three days(washing the tattoo twice a day after the first day where you only wash once) then I went to ALBA's uncented lotion(not everything they make is vegan but this is an they don't test...plus its pretty cheap) for about a week. I heal pretty quick with this stuff but I guess I always do.

I have some Merry Hempsters that I got from vegan essentials, I just wasn't sure about using it in that initial healing phase. I'll look up the unsented lotion and see what is in it, and whether we have something like that here in Australia. A Vegan tattooist here recommended a pawpaw ointment, but it has a petroleum base, so I'm not so sure about that.

Petroleum is in great debate. I've heard lots of tattooist say it kills your color but then again I've seen great work covered with petroleum. My tattooist covered my arm right away with an off brand vaselene product but her husband(also a tattooist) would never do that. I've seen work over a year old from both of them and the colors look equally vivid. Who knows what to do??? All I know is that it didn't screw up mine...but then again I didn't keep using that for healing...just for initial moisture.

Petroleum is in great debate. I've heard lots of tattooist say it kills your color but then again I've seen great work covered with petroleum. My tattooist covered my arm right away with an off brand vaselene product but her husband(also a tattooist) would never do that. I've seen work over a year old from both of them and the colors look equally vivid. Who knows what to do??? All I know is that it didn't screw up mine...but then again I didn't keep using that for healing...just for initial moisture.

Yeah I've noticed a great deal of difference in peoples thoughts on petroleum products.

I'll ask the Tattooist that is doing mine, what his thoughts are. He has some tatts that are years old and still look new

My tattooist also advised me to use Vaseline even it's not that good for the breathing of the skin. And it's not ecological.

I know some people using Sheabutter for healing small wounds, chapped lips and making skin soft. Maybe it's also good for tattoos?

Most have told me(forgetting petroleum based things or not) after the first three days of using something thick...you should just use any non scented lotion for the rest of the healing

I've heard of using Shea butter, Cocoa butter as well.

I've also heard the arguements about letting skin breath and not using something that will clog pores.

It's so hard what to think as everyone has a different opinion etc. I just want my Tattoos to heal nicely and keep as much colour as possible, you pay enough for them, so the last thing I want is faded or patchy ink.

Really I think it almost doesn't matter...if it did everyone who uses petroleum would have lousy tattoos, or everyone who doesn't would have lousy tattoos....I just do what they tell me(even though it may be different from different people) as I'm a person that can't think for himself

my gf uses same stuff.

her tattoos are bright and vivid and she is covered em. entire chest, both feet, right arm (sleeve), behind ears, wrist.

i recommend washing it, dont pick at it, use that hempster stick, avoid sunburn, and then use unscented lotion to keep it misturized while it heals. and also eat correctly and get plenty of sleep and water.

my gf uses same stuff.

her tattoos are bright and vivid and she is covered em. entire chest, both feet, right arm (sleeve), behind ears, wrist.

i recommend washing it, dont pick at it, use that hempster stick, avoid sunburn, and then use unscented lotion to keep it misturized while it heals. and also eat correctly and get plenty of sleep and water.

It sounds like Hempsters might be the way to go.

Ill be trying to get plenty of sleep and drink lots of water etc, for the next 10 days up until the first session as well. I think having your body in a really healthy state before it even starts, will only help.

I agree. Go drink some whisky and smoke lots and lots of pot. It will make the tattoo much more fun to get. Just kidding...make that rum and hash