Pre Diabetic

kjs

To me

Excessive Grain (es refined) + sugar + Trans fats ( Margarine ! ) + Sedentary lifestyle = Diabetes and chronic illness

Animal fats + EFAs + Vege + nuts + some fruits + exercise (for insulin/blood sugar control ) = Longeivity

Centenarian studies

There are three major centenarian studies going on around the world. They are trying to find the variable that would confer longevity among this group of people who live to be 100 years old. Why do centenarians become centenarians? Why are they so lucky? Is it because they have low cholesterol, exercise a lot and live a healthy, clean life?

Well, the oldest person ever recorded was Jean Calumet of France who died last year at 122 years of age. She smoked all of her life and drank.

What researchers are finding from these major centenarian studies is that there is hardly anything in common among these people. They have high cholesterol and low cholesterol, some exercise and some don't, some smoke, some don't. Some are nasty as can be, some nice and calm and some are ornery.

But, they all have relatively low sugar for their age, and they all have low triglycerides for their age.

And, they all have relatively low insulin.

I highly doubt people need animal fats to aviod diabetes and have a long life. Sure there is evidence showing animal fats don't kill everyone but I haven't seen any good evidence showing animal fats are better than vegetable fats. Even compare "good" animal fats to good veg fats.

To me

Excessive Grain (es refined) + sugar + Trans fats ( Margarine ! ) + Sedentary lifestyle = Diabetes and chronic illness

Animal fats + EFAs + Vege + nuts + some fruits + exercise (for insulin/blood sugar control ) = Longeivity

There is a link between dairy and diabetes:

From www.notmilk.com:

"Studies have suggested that bovine serum albumin is the milk protein responsible for the onset of diabetes... Patients with insulin- dependent diabetes mellitus produce antibodies to cow milk proteins that participate in the development of islet dysfunction... Taken as a whole, our findings suggest that an active response in patients with IDDM (to the bovine protein) is a feature of the autoimmune response."

New England Journal of Medicine, July 30, 1992

"In lieu of the recent evidence that cow's milk protein may be implicated in the pathogenesis of diabetes mellitus, we believe that the Committee on Nutrition should clarify whether cow's milk is ever appropriate for children and whether or not infant formulas that are based on cow's milk protein are appropriate alternatives to breast milk."

Pediatrics, July, 1992: 89

"Antibodies to bovine beta-casein are present in over a third of IDDM patients and relatively non-existent in healthy individuals."

LANCET, October, 1996, 348

"Cow's milk proteins are unique in one respect: in industrialized countries they are the first foreign proteins entering the infant gut, since most formulations for babies are cow milk-based. The first pilot stage of our IDD prevention study found that oral exposure to dairy milk proteins in infancy resulted in both cellular and immune response...this suggests the possible importance of the gut immune system to the pathogenesis of IDD."

LANCET, Dec 14, 1996

"Introduction of dairy products and high milk consumption during childhood may increase the child's risk of developing juvenile diabetes."

Diabetologia 1994;37(4):381-387

"These new studies, and more than 20 well-documented previous ones, have prompted one researcher to say the link between milk and juvenile diabetes is 'very solid'."

Diabetes Care 1994;17(12)

To say animal fats are connected to longevity is completely unfounded.

The opposite is true: animal fats and protein are linked to almost every single so-called diseases of affluence.

This is what works against diabetes IMO: Raw vegetables and fruits as a solid basis for your diet. Exercise. Avoid animal "food", grains (especially refined grain), sugar nad highly processed "food" like margerine.

Yeah...the protein thing really doesn't make sense since pretty much no matter what you eat...so long as your not intentionally/forced to eat very little. Protein is one of the last things you'll fall short of.

Pasteurized Cow Milk is bad because it is Pasteurized and heated at high temperaure. As a result of processing, most of the nutrients and healthy fats are denatured by high heat processing. The hormone and antibiotics that get added to the commercial milk make thing worse.

You would see the same adverse effect if human milk is pasteurized before it's fed to the babies.

Avoid pasteurized milk and processed soy milk at all cost .

Try clean Raw milk (especially goat) instead if you're Lacto -ovo vegetarian . ( of course nothing beats the raw human breast milk if u are able to get it )

I dont drink milk myself because i find it nauseating . so milk is not of my concern .

Why Raw Milk?

http://www.karlloren.com/aajonus/p15.htm

No other species drinks milk after being weaned.

It is even more unnatural to drink the milk of another species.

You are right that pasteurization does not do any good but you should not forget the basics mentioned above.

Also there are a load of hormons in raw milk, too.

All mammals drink their milk the same way: the nurseling sucks it from its mothers breast. Milk is not meant to be stored and kept cold. Do you really want vegetarians to suck milk from a goats teats?

It is even more unnatural to drink the milk of another species.
Sure , that's why human breast milk is still the ideal choice for infants.

Say no to soy milk and Pasteurized cow milk. There are both bad for infants. Take anima,l raw milk instead if breast milk is not an option .

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/health/healthmain.html?in_article_id=399520&in_page_id=1774

Drinking ‘raw’ milk could reduce children’s risk of suffering allergy-related conditions such as eczema and hayfever, new research suggests.

British academics investigating why farmers’ families suffer fewer allergies than others found that even occasional consumption of raw — unpasteurised — milk had a powerful effect.

No other animals consume raw milk of an animal either. This is insanity. Human milk isn't even good for humans unless your an infant or very young child(maybe 3 at most). Why do you think it is that all other mammals stop consuming mothers milk??? They stop once they can consume enough normal food as to not require the benefits of milk. Milk is consumed to get you over that hump. It has lots of nutrients you need but as your able to digest better food you do so.

ARE YOU ADVISING COWS BREAST FEED CALVES EVEN LONGER so long as they don't pasturize their milk. This makes no sense at all. Or maybe it only makes sense for goat milk huh

Flanders is correct...raw milk has lots of hormones too...even if its organic. We don't need to consume any hormones at all...our body makes them on its own.

VP is right. It is of no logic to consume the milk of another species.

"In popular culture, "insane" could also refer to something extremely foolish"

I am sure VP did not use the term "insane" instead of acting foolishly and unlogically and not as a mental disorder.

Of course soymilk is not "milk of another species".

IMO soymilk is not perfect for humans. Soybeans cannot be digested raw. Humans are not meant for human consumption.

But I am not sure if should start this discussion here.

I am sorry that you actually did not respond on our posts.

I'm sorry, Soymilk is a human refined milk made of another plant species.

I have already answered that raw cow or goat milk is a a better option than Pasteurized milk when breast milk is not an option ( eg : The mother is sick ) .

Well raw milk is definitely a better option for those who are Lacto Ovo Vegetarian. You dont want to call them insane, do you ?

Yes I do want to call them insane because it is more unatural to eat dairy(of any sort other than human when your an infant) than it is to eat any part of a cow.

If they are doing it for health they are morons and if they are doing it for ethics they are misguided because holstein cows are meant to live as long as possible and live a worse life than that of a steer...since they both wind up in the same place in the end anyhow.

As for soy milk being a refined man made object little is done to make soy milk...trust me I do it every day. Its no different than making a smoothie with a bit of heat...nothing is really taken out.

As for human infants needing milk...human milk is available nowadays for women who can't breastfeed....there are also breast feeding surrogates(which I think is really weird)

I'm sorry, Soymilk is a human refined milk made of another plant species.

I have already answered that raw cow or goat milk is a a better option than Pasteurized milk when breast milk is not an option ( eg : The mother is sick ) .

Yeah, as Potter said, there is not much to making soymilk. Also, it is similar to consuming a fruit or vegetable juice. It is basically made "juicing" soybeans. It is not the milk of another species. One, it is from a plant and two, edamame are not weaned on the milk from their mother soybeans. It is not something hormonally-packed in order to make edamame grow strong hastily. If I want to consume the soybean's equivalent of milk, I will stand out in the sun and enjoy a nice glass of mud. At least their aren't hormones in that.