Progress Pics Back

SeaSiren

Here goes....

First Pic is from Jan 29th 2007

http://www.denisenicole.com/images/BACK2.jpg

The second pic was taken April 24th 2007. I'm still carrying too much BF for comp, but I think there may be progress....hope so because I have been busting my a**

http://www.denisenicole.com/images/back04242007.jpg

Both poses were "cold" (i.e. I did not come fresh off a training session). I still have not learned to hold a pose well. Complicated since I can not make a tight fist with my left hand. But, I'll practice and get it to even up.

Comp isn't until Fall, so still have plenty of time. My own critique, I feel I have made progress (still have work to do), but not happy at all with arms

*these pics are also in my journal.

Here goes....

First Pic is from Jan 29th 2007

http://www.denisenicole.com/images/BACK2.jpg

The second pic was taken April 24th 2007. I'm still carrying too much BF for comp, but I think there may be progress....hope so because I have been busting my a**

http://www.denisenicole.com/images/back04242007.jpg

Both poses were "cold" (i.e. I did not come fresh off a training session). I still have not learned to hold a pose well. Complicated since I can not make a tight fist with my left hand. But, I'll practice and get it to even up.

Comp isn't until Fall, so still have plenty of time. My own critique, I feel I have made progress (still have work to do), but not happy at all with arms

*these pics are also in my journal.

I see the progress. Really great since you did take some time off during that period. I hope that your left hand feels better (i dont actually know what is wrong with your left hand, I am guessing that you injured it).

It would be great to see more progress pics. ofcourse with clothes on .

I am going to take a look at your jounal, like to see your sugguestions for workouts. Very inspiring.

Great pics. You should try to keep your arm placement the same in both since the back moves a lot and then you can really get an accurate assessment. It looks good, just wanted to point that out.

I have to do that all the time. The exact pose, exact arm, shoulder and leg placement, etc. It helps assess the same pose time and time again.

All the best! Keep posting the pics!

hmm, maybe i need to see picture from the opposite orientation. kidding. It looks like you're a little more muscular/defined. Maybe some good bicep isolation lifts would help your arms

Thank-you. I'm doing isolation's, I'm just impatient

I see the progress. Really great since you did take some time off during that period. I hope that your left hand feels better (i dont actually know what is wrong with your left hand, I am guessing that you injured it).

It would be great to see more progress pics. ofcourse with clothes on .

I am going to take a look at your jounal, like to see your sugguestions for workouts. Very inspiring.

Thank-you . The middle knuckles has some sort of calcification is my best guess. Not visible, but can't close it. Someone else suggested tucking in my thumb to the first muscle when making a fist. So I'll do that next time.

Congratulations!

Great progres! Espacially your inner back and your neck made significant progress

Thanks!

Great pics. You should try to keep your arm placement the same in both since the back moves a lot and then you can really get an accurate assessment. It looks good, just wanted to point that out.

I have to do that all the time. The exact pose, exact arm, shoulder and leg placement, etc. It helps assess the same pose time and time again.

All the best! Keep posting the pics!

Thanks! Agreed, someone else pointed out the same thing (great minds thing alike ). I'll also be using the same backdrop for the next progress pic.

Awesome! It really does make a difference and I just wanted to point that out, that's all. Especially to an athlete who is planning on competing. For those of us who get on stage, it is very important to do things just exactly the same to really notice progress, flaws, areas to work on, strengths, weaknesses, etc.

It's important to know strengths and weaknesses to be able to excentuate (sp) strengths and whenever possible hide weaknesses. I do the same. One arm is better, one calf is better, a certain quad is better, I'm more comfortable posing on the right side of my body, etc. All of that is good to know to present the best possible You

Great work, keep after it and keep on progressing. All the best!

Luckily I only have to do that pose for progress pics. For stage I need to do this:

http://michaelandkendra.com/Kendra/Kendra0205/Galleries/2004Nationals/images/finals4.jpg

Robert, think you can help me out? I wanna see a pic of you doing this pose Just kidding

In my opinion, the woman on the far left has the best looking pose. I've seen a ton of figure contests but I'm not a judge by any means. The one in the middle has a pretty standard pose too, but I prefer the arm position of the person on the far left. She is also turned in such a way that her legs, chest, arms, all look good.

She looks like she is showing her body while the person next to her seems to be just standing.

I realize it's just one photo, but something to think about. Confidence on stage goes a long way and can be a factor in judging.

In my opinion, the woman on the far left has the best looking pose. I've seen a ton of figure contests but I'm not a judge by any means. The one in the middle has a pretty standard pose too, but I prefer the arm position of the person on the far left. She is also turned in such a way that her legs, chest, arms, all look good.

She looks like she is showing her body while the person next to her seems to be just standing.

I realize it's just one photo, but something to think about. Confidence on stage goes a long way and can be a factor in judging.

Makes really good sense. The arm position on the lady on the left allows the judges to see the rest of her body. So unless your trying to hide a flaw, that seems to be the best one. Thanks for that, that'll help tremendously.