Attn: Pet owners, your pet cant be a vegetarian says an MD

CollegeB

I'll probably get flamed for this, but I don't think it's right to feed a carnivorous animal like a dog a vegan diet, even though they can survive on it.

I think its more wrong though to feed a carniverous animal that only exhists because of us, hundreds of new animals that only exhist because of us. What's worse. Anyway dogs aren't truly carniverous but cats are. Even then most cats will live fine, far better than a cat living very well and a couple hundred fish or chickes being killed in a more cruel way than even letting cats starve to death.

i don't think they should've been domesticated in the first place..

almost anything is better than the garbage people give to dogs.. people say it's wrong to give only veggies to dogs, but it's probably healthier than the stuff the average dog usually eats..

of course they're going to lack some vitamins and minerals.. and because of that, i think we should mix whole-foods ( veggies and some fruits ) + vegan ''dog'' food.. ( because of all the vitamins and minerals they add to it.. )

that'll do.. in my opinion.. dog is happy and less unhealthy ( comparing to the average dog )

----

i like pets, but they're like retarded kids that make sex, bite you, and never grow up.. if wish there was a easier way to neuterize ( sp? ) all the pets out there..

almost anything is better than the garbage people give to dogs.. people say it's wrong to give only veggies to dogs, but it's probably healthier than the stuff the average dog usually eats..

of course they're going to lack some vitamins and minerals.. and because of that, i think we should mix whole-foods ( veggies and some fruits ) + vegan ''dog'' food.. ( because of all the vitamins and minerals they add to it.. )

that'll do.. in my opinion.. dog is happy and less unhealthy ( comparing to the average dog )

Dogs are scavenging omnivores when food isn't available. So they can live without a big change in lifespan on nearly everything. I've got family in the Philippines that have had pet dogs live purely on white rice with leftover soup, chicken bones/innards, and fish bones for over 15 years. This is also without any vet care. Dogs are resilient even in terms of what is healthy...just like people. Not everyone who eats meat everyday will die of heart disease and many meat eaters are still healthier than a lot of healthy vegans with a not so optimal diet.

As for dogs being domesticated its too late...the best we can do is neuter/spay all of them and treat the ones left with utmost respect until they die of old age. As for foods, vegan dog foods are already made to meet dogs dietary needs as close as possible to what is optimal...not much different than the high end non-vegan foods...assuming what we believe they need is correct.

Dogs are scavenging omnivores when food isn't available. So they can live without a big change in lifespan on nearly everything. I've got family in the Philippines that have had pet dogs live purely on white rice with leftover soup, chicken bones/innards, and fish bones for over 15 years. This is also without any vet care. Dogs are resilient even in terms of what is healthy...just like people. Not everyone who eats meat everyday will die of heart disease and many meat eaters are still healthier than a lot of healthy vegans with a not so optimal diet.

As for dogs being domesticated its too late...the best we can do is neuter/spay all of them and treat the ones left with utmost respect until they die of old age. As for foods, vegan dog foods are already made to meet dogs dietary needs as close as possible to what is optimal...not much different than the high end non-vegan foods...assuming what we believe they need is correct.

yep, i hope we can do that.... cuz there's a lot of people out there ( like always ) fighting against that..

It would be a good thing even though it would be a very sad day to see the last domesticated dog and cat die of old age. However if the same thing were done to ULTRA Conservatives...the day would be glorious

Bush is a robot...unfortunately over half of America wanted to give him 4 more years of battery life. Luckily he won't be able to be recharged

Dudes, you're being like soooo unpatriotic right now

http://rn2jd.tripod.com/smileywavingflag.gif http://rn2jd.tripod.com/smileywavingflag.gif http://rn2jd.tripod.com/july49.gif http://rn2jd.tripod.com/july46.gif http://rn2jd.tripod.com/july410.gif