Please help!

I've been a veg for 6 years now, and i quit smoking cigarettes a few months ago and have gained a few pounds. I am in no way a healthy veg, i eat a lot of junk food. I'm interested in going vegan, but there is a lack of knowledgable vegan friend nutritionists around here.

I know its a lot to ask but maybe some of you can post your daily diet and calorie intake it would be very much appreciated.

Im 6'2 and right around 185, with a natural medium build. I'd like to be cut, so i figure i could stand to lose 20 lbs.

Thanks in advace!

A simple way to do this is to just use that not so optimal food guide pyramid and replace everything with vegan versions. Thats a simple way to relative health(I did this for my first 3 years or so as a vegan and it worked great). But really you need much less protein/fat and more vegetables than recommended. Also its obvious the sweets aren't necessary.

Congrats on quitting smoking!

Based on things that I've read as well as my own experience, I'm a firm believer that our bodies generally crave food until we get enough nutrition for the day. I've found that if I start my day with a green drink or some fruit, junk food is much less appealing. If I start out with junk like I did this morning (leftover pizza, oops!) I want junk all day.

Also, smokers sometimes gain weight because of the lack of stimulants, which should correct itself as you detox, or because of the oral fixation. Munching on some grapes or cut veggies might help, if that's the case.

what is it that you currently eat?

Mostly morningstar farms and bocca products. I eat pizza and mac and cheese a lot also.

I just want to figure out a healty portioned daily meal plan. That together with some cardio daily should do the trick.

Hi,

I would definitely try to eat as clean as possible. As already mentioned, stick to whole grains, beans, fruits, salads, etc. Set yourself a mild goal, say, 1 week without your junk cravings. If you can do 1 week w/o the crap, try two weeks. If you have a juicer, juice fresh fruits and veggies. A great book is from the late Dr. Norman Walker. I believe it's called Juicing or Juicing For Life. Do a google or go to a nutrition store. They should know where to get one. They are not that expensive $6 or $7.

Also, if you exercise, replenish your system with hemp protein or Vega. Vega is expensive, but a good good source of a "complete" meal. I would, at least for a bit, stay away from cheeses. You will do yourself and your colon a favor.

By the way: Congrats on quitting smoking!

Stay well and do the best you can. If you stress out too much regarding eating, you place an unnecessary stress on yourself.

Patrick

Hi,

I would definitely try to eat as clean as possible. As already mentioned, stick to whole grains, beans, fruits, salads, etc. Set yourself a mild goal, say, 1 week without your junk cravings. If you can do 1 week w/o the crap, try two weeks. If you have a juicer, juice fresh fruits and veggies. A great book is from the late Dr. Norman Walker. I believe it's called Juicing or Juicing For Life. Do a google or go to a nutrition store. They should know where to get one. They are not that expensive $6 or $7.

Also, if you exercise, replenish your system with hemp protein or Vega. Vega is expensive, but a good good source of a "complete" meal. I would, at least for a bit, stay away from cheeses. You will do yourself and your colon a favor.

By the way: Congrats on quitting smoking!

Stay well and do the best you can. If you stress out too much regarding eating, you place an unnecessary stress on yourself.

Patrick

Thanks a lot!

You are welcome.

I forgot to mention: There are certain grains that taste really good and are very beneficial for us. Try Quinoa, Millet, Buckwheat.

Quinoa is very high in protein. Just rinse it before cooking.

If yuhave dried fruits, try to stay away from the ones that have been oxidized. The sun-dried ones are the best.

Patrick