i'm gonna get fast... i hope

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got back in from an 11.5 km run. It was... interesting. It wasn't too cold and the wind wasn't too bad, but the snow removal posed some challenges. Like, I'd be running along the sidewalk and just smack in the middle for no apparent reason there'd be a massive snow pile (waist high or taller) preventing you from running straight along the side walk.

I was happy to see the pathways were cleared, for the most part, although at one point the snow removal just stopped suddenly in the direction I was running, and I ended up having to figure out a different route. At some points I felt like I was doing hurdles.

Overall it was a good run though.

We are thinking about taking a yoga for runners course from January-March. Both Todd and I are very inflexible (embarrassingly so, and yes, I have worked on it) and it's happening on the day I normally take off from running. And it's cheap- $72 for 10 sessions.

I did 11k this afternoon/early evening. There was really nothing noteworthy about it, except that I've realized that the yak trax probably double the weight on my feet, and is slowing me down. So I am not going to get in the habit of wearing them all the time. I figure I'll try tomorrow's run without them, and see how that goes.

I'm working at home today. It's a good thing too because I am not feeling 100%. I think my immune system is fighting something off, because I slept 10.5 hours last night.

Nevertheless, it's supposed to be very nice out today and I can see there's lots of sun out there, so I am going to go for a run at some point. Hopefully a long one.

I ran 14.5 km this afternoon. I was pretty cold by the time I was finished. It was tough to know how to dress, as it was -6C but with little wind. I went with my fall gloves, rather than my winter mitts, which was a good choice for the first half of the run but not so great for the second half. I took it pretty easy (slower than 6 minutes/km) but was also forced to be a bit slower too by the mounds of snow I had to maneuver at some points, and less than ideal snow packing on some of the paths/sidewalks. That brings me to 36 km for the week so far, so if I manage 20 km on Saturday it makes running on Sunday optional.

3 miles is a good start! But you have to keep at it if you want to go further.

This morning I did my upper body/abs routine. No running today!

I also took pics of myself in my new birthday present (no, not in my birthday suit ), an outfit from Organic Athlete. It's a triathalon outfit, but I figure running is a big part of that so I can wear it too!

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c78/pamelaswitzer/pamelaoa1.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c78/pamelaswitzer/pamelaOA2.jpg

Nice outfit!!! Very cool! It will be nice to run in during the summer. Are you planning on entering any tris?

I plan to race in them. Weather permitting of course.

And no, I won't do tris. I am not a swimmer at ALL and I haven't ridden a bike in about 14 years. There's no point in diluting my running speed with sports I suck at.

The Tri gear is awesome. If I were you I'd check out the site now. They have stuff on clearance and may have your size. We're making new kits so we're trying to move the old stuff.

Nice OA gear Girly. You look fantastic !

I bet if we ran together ppl wouldn't tell us apart

GO VEGAN

Thanks tashie.

All they'd have to go by is hair colour.

I just got back from a 20k run. I took it easy, with a 6:30/km pace. The wind slowed me down quite a bit when I was running north and west. They're pretty strong today.

Now I have created a big calorie deficit so I can eat lots of birthday cake, hopefully!

I wanted in on the sweet OA tri gear but am worried about it being too big. I'm 5'4 1/2, 115 pounds, 28 waist, 29ish inseam. according to their sizing chart

http://vergesport.com/show.php?parent=custom&ident=sizing

it looks like I would be an XS, but OA doesn't have those.

Pamela I'm assuming that you ordered the SM, and was wondering if you think it would be too big for me or not?

I wanted in on the sweet OA tri gear but am worried about it being too big. I'm 5'4 1/2, 115 pounds, 28 waist, 29ish inseam. according to their sizing chart

http://vergesport.com/show.php?parent=custom&ident=sizing

it looks like I would be an XS, but OA doesn't have those.

Pamela I'm assuming that you ordered the SM, and was wondering if you think it would be too big for me or not?

The Tri Jersey is intended to fit skin tight but if not I don't see what the problem would be with having a somewhat lose fitting jersey(although you technically need sleeves to road race...you can always wear a baselayer). I think the small would fit you like a regular Jersey instead of a true skin fit jersey which is fine.

Yup...for USA Cycling races or pretty much any race you NEED sleeves. I didn't know this and I drove 4 hours for my first real track race planning on rocking my arms in my tri top. Unfortunately they didn't let me and I had to ask around for 15 minutes if someone had a spare shirt to sell me...luckily someone just lent me one...it was a white baselayer I wore under. For tris you can wear pretty much anything since wrecks don't happen all that often.

Mine is a size small, and fits on the bigger side of perfect. I'm 5'7" and 108 pounds with a 25 inch waist, so it shouldn't be too big on you.

Edited by pamela