Eating right

Fourth day all raw. No detox symptoms today. Yippee. I just finished a whole bowl full of fresh strawberries from a local farm here. YUMMERS. Unfortunately, that is the end of them for the season here.

Now blueberries are coming in. Hallelujah!!

Hope ya'll are doing well with your rawness!!

It's too early to be thinking about detox... give that another couple of weeks to 2 months, some people don't get it for months....

I will be ready for it. I went through it when I first went vegan. I thought that I was gonna die!! I had horrible flu symtoms and mucus came out of me like you wouldn't believe. I had horrible headaches. But back then I was eating everything and anything. I drank coffee, diet sodas, beer, ate meat and all animal products, processed foods, etc...

I went cold turkey and suffered detox in the worst way. But it only lasted a week and then I was clean and felt better than I had in my whole life.

This time, I was free of all animal products already but I was still eating cooked and processed food but only drank one cup of half regular/half decaf coffee. I was drinking diet sodas too but gave that up. So hopefully it won't be as severe as last time.

Starting day 5 today!! See ya. Off to work.

Thanks Hero

I just had the most beautiful mango. So good.

We were talking in another thread about the effect of chopping and blending - this is most definitely a form of processing, and it is really unnecessary.

This was actually the first time that I've eaten a mango without preparing it in any way - I simply peeled off the skin and away I went. You appreciate it so much more - it really appeals to all the senses!

This is clearly the healthiest and most natural way to eat - and of course the best for digestion, as you are swallowing one bit at a time. In a word: mouth-watering

lately I have been enjoying my fruit without doing very much to it, except picking it up and eating it. In fact, I now eat mangoes and kiwifruit with the skin, don't even bother to peel. They are perfectly edible (although some people have an allergic reaction to the tree sap from the mango tree, usually is around the base of the mango) and loaded with nutrients and don't overwhelm the beautiful taste of the fruit.

I try not to cut any fruit these days. It's messy, but fun!

Are there any other fruits that are commonly peeled, but that can be eaten with the skin on?

Thanks Hero

I just had the most beautiful mango. So good.

We were talking in another thread about the effect of chopping and blending - this is most definitely a form of processing, and it is really unnecessary.

This was actually the first time that I've eaten a mango without preparing it in any way - I simply peeled off the skin and away I went. You appreciate it so much more - it really appeals to all the senses!

This is clearly the healthiest and most natural way to eat - and of course the best for digestion, as you are swallowing one bit at a time. In a word: mouth-watering

You kidding me Gorilla. Thats how Mangoes are consumed all over India.. probably the world.

I've been munching Texas peaches lately.. Yummy

Definitely more stuffed up today. Maybe all of this congestion will finally get out of me. Also a little grumpy. GRRRR.

Last night we went out to eat and went to a Cracker Barrel. The service was horrible. It took an hour to get the food. I asked the waitress to just bring me a big old plate of just raw veggies, no meat, no eggs, no cheese. So an hour later, she brings me a tiny side dish plate with 1/4 tomato some iceberg, and a slice of red onion. Brother!! So I went home and had a big bowl of strawberries and some nuts and dried fruit. I am done with our Cracker Barrel. Its awful!!

Yup, they were delicious. I wouldn't have even gone out to eat but we have a thing with friends that we get together once a week to break bread. In my case veggies!! They know that I require a place with a salad bar or at least serves a salad!!

I feel really crumby today. BLECK.

Went to the gym for an hour and worked out with weights and then came home and had a nice big green salad and some blueberries for dessert. I feel much better now. I think that there is just alot of pollen in the air today. I have been sneezing my head off!!

Oh no. Headless!! How will I eat??

That's great - I'm just in heaven eating raw fruit. Watermelon rules

Heck yeah man. My diet is almost 100% fruit, I use protein powder and eat veggies sometimes though. I have been averaging about 3 watermelon a week. They are so great!