working at the health food store

chesty leroux

i started working at a brand new health food store in april and its pretty awesome. Dont make alot of money, but apparently I have a give for upselling health food. Possibly because I feel good about everything in the store. Plus i love the owners they are great people. i even built it a myspace page. check it out.

http://www.myspace.com/harveytsnaturalmarket

i don't get a discount as of right now. there are plans for it in the future tho. Right now we don't carry supplements but the owner is thinking of starting to carry them soon. I've mentioned vega before to him, and have mentioned it to quite a few customers as well. If I had the money I would live off of that stuff I swear! My boss would probably love you Rob.

• 1 month later...

i used to work at a hfs. looking back, it was one of the best jobs i ever had.

we got barely over minimum wage, but the bosses were cool, the work was pretty easy, and the day went by quickly. we could graze on bulk stuff all day, we got 50% off on supplements, 25% off on groceries, and they let us run a tab at the cafe and the grocery store. also, they had this VHS based natural living/health training program, and when you finished it (about fifteen lessons) you got a raise and two or three paid days off. it was a great place to work.