is it possible to get a low body fat% on a low protein diet?

missv

Hi, im new here, I wanted to know if it is possible to get t a low body fat % with little or no protein? I have been advised to eat protein at every meal, use shakes, egg whites and chicken in order to reach my goals. This just doest seem natural to me, sure its all clean etc... but what about the all the acid in the system etc...

At the moment I eat mainly green veggies, 2 low Gi fruits (apple and berries) , and essential fats (olive oil and flax) lots of raw salad. I dont touch oats, bread, rice, potatoes etc.... I have started to include egg whites, after I train, but dont really want to go that route.

Would love your input!

thanks

Yes it's possible.

We have at least one fruitarian here that is ripped. I don't think neither GI nor protein concerns him all that much.

Cutting down on grains can be a good idea since there are foods that are better (ie greens and fruits).

I don't think alot of people in here takes extra protein (in the form of powder).

I know people that have gotten ripped by eating the most ridiculously fatty diets as well as people that eat no fat at all. As for the egg whites thing don't wast your time. They come out how they go in and do nothing for you. After working out you should be eating carbs not protein. Your body just wants carbs at first then a normal meal.

Yes it's possible.

We have at least one fruitarian here that is ripped. I don't think neither GI nor protein concerns him all that much.

Cutting down on grains can be a good idea since there are foods that are better (ie greens and fruits).

I don't think alot of people in here takes extra protein (in the form of powder).[/qI

know people that have gotten ripped by eating the most ridiculously fatty diets as well as people that eat no fat at all. As for the egg whites thing don't wast your time. They come out how they go in and do nothing for you. After working out you should be eating carbs not protein. Your body just wants carbs at first then a normal meal.uote]

I agree with these guys.

thanks for the replies! Could anyone give me a sample of a cutting diet with little or no protein. I dont eat soy, beans, hemp etc...

Would appreciate your input....my trainer has me doing as low carb, low cal diet, I dont eat chicken, meat, dairy or fish, so its just greens and some essential fats...

thanks

vanessa

Hey MissV

I'm an endurance athlete.. so I need lots of carbs. Dark green leafy vegetables, and lots of fruits in my diet .. I eat carbs before, durning and after my workouts. I learnt that you don't need any fat or protein if you're going to do any kind of cardio.. it good to get some esential fats and protein about a few hrs after you workout

A couple of hrs after my training, I might have a smoothie with some vega. Then I eat more alkline forming whole raw foods and eat more until I'm satisfed...

I'll have another vega bar for a snack before dinner.

Then

For dinner a huge heathly salad

Then more veggies if I'm hungary before bed.

Have fun experimenting with yourself