VegNews Magazine Poll for 2007...vote!

robert

Hey, go to this link and vote!

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=3_2bE83nNbFxSc0rU7wF_2f5zg_3d_3d

If you want to vote for some of "my" favorites, you can vote for Vega, Portland VegFest, Food Fight! and you can also write-in something for any of these as well.

There are about 27 topics to vote on from Favorite Restaurant, to favorite website, to favorite event, etc.

Check it out!

You can write us in anytime too

It's a survey put on by:

http://www.vegnews.com/ a Vegan Magazine

-------------------------------

Some incentives:

Welcome to the 2007 Veggie Awards™, the largest survey of its kind in the world. By voting, you and thousands of VegNews readers will select today's most popular vegetarian products, people and places. The annual celebration has become one of the magazine's most anticipated features, with winners announced in the November+December "Best of Vegetarian" holiday edition of VegNews. Need an extra incentive to vote? All submissions will be entered into our Grand Prize Drawing for fabulous prizes including:

Grand Prize: CALIFORNIA DREAM VEGGIE GETAWAY

One lucky winner and a guest will be swept away for 4 days and 3 nights to Northern California's Stanford Inn, a luxurious B&B complete with lavish ocean-view suites, fireplaces, a heated indoor swimming pool, and award-winning vegan cuisine. Also included are Dinner for 2 at San Francisco's Millennium Restaurant, All-You-Can-Eat Vegan Ice Cream Sundaes at MaggieMudd, Lunch with the VegNews Staff at our San Francisco Headquarters, and a Cable Car Fast Pass to whiz you around. Get your votes in pronto for a chance to win this ultimate veggie getaway!

First Prize: URBAN GIRL GOODIE BAG

Who wouldn't love to win this ultra-hip goodie bag packed with a $100 Gift Certificate to Alternative Outfitters, a pair of super stylish (and vegan, of course) Charmone Shoes, makeup products from Urban Decay, and a signed copy of the best-selling Skinny Bitch from VN columnist Rory Freedman.

Second Prize: VEGAN VICE PACKAGE

This fabulous package is oozing with indulgences vegetarians love most. Two lucky winners will each receive a gift box overflowing with vegan wine, decadent chocolate fudge from Allison's Gourmet, and a very fabulous handbag from Matt & Nat. How badly do you want to win this package? (two winners)

Third Prize: CHOCOLATE LOVERS GIFT BOX

Vegan superstore Pangea has custom created this box just for the 2007 Veggie Awards. Filled with an array of sumptuous dark chocolate treats from decadent chocolate spread, truffles and fondant to creamy peanut butter cups and chocolate-covered marshmallows, we regret that VegNews Magazine can't be held responsible for any ill-effects of consuming this prize. (three winners)

Plus, Weekly Giveaways!

Each week during the six-week long voting period, we'll be giving away a Vegan Essentials Spa Basket, brimming with cruelty-free bath goodies to relax and rejuvenate. Winners will be pampered with bath salts, body wash, soy candles, herbal tea and an exfoliating hand mitt. (six winners)

The Details: Ballots must include identifying information in order to be counted. Submissions must be at least 50% complete to qualify for prize drawings. All responses should be vegan except where noted. Entries must be received by September 1, 2007 at midnight. Nominees are based on the companies receiving the most votes in the 2006 Veggie Awards.

Edited by robert

i voted! I can not wait to see the results! Don't forget to mention Scapegoat, vegan tatoo and New Moon Massage Therapy, vegan massage! Also Akemi, and Stella's Barbershop for vegan salons. Chef Al for a vegan Chef. I wrote this all in at the bottom.

That is great lotus! The more we write-in the better. It gives them more to think about for the voting options for next year.

If we get enough of the same names up there, we could have an impact on next year's voting for sure.

I'll send out a mass e-mail newsletter in the next couple of days, so let me know if there are other businesses you'd like me to list for those we should support.

Of course VeganEssentials should be on that list, since they are members of our forum community.

Thanks again everyone who has voted so far. I really appreciate it. Of course there are ways to win prizes too, so hopefully one of us will get lucky!

Keep spreading the love!

I know! We have the hottest Vegan spot in the country, and we're gonna let them hear it this year!

Thanks everyone for your votes.

Please feel free to write-in and vote for things like:

www.veganbodybuilding.com

Brendan Brazier

Tonya Kay

Robert Cheeke

VeganEssentials

Food Fight!

Scapegoat vegan tatoo

New Moon Massage Therapy vegan massage!

Akemi, and Stella's Barbershop for vegan salons.

Chef Al for a vegan Chef

etc. etc.

Thanks

Updated:

Hello everyone,

This is just a quick newsletter to announce the VegNews Magazine 2007 Veggie Awards voting! Please take a few moments to write in and vote for www.veganbodybuilding.com as favorite veg website and Robert Cheeke as favorite Veg personality. Also, please write in other companies that you want to support. The more NEW names they see, the better chances those names have of being on the ballot for voting in 2008!

There are even prizes to be won just for voting. All the details are below in a text document taken from the www.vegnews.com website.

There are 27 questions but you just have to click on the one you’re voting for or write something in so the whole survey takes only a couple of minutes.

If you don’t know what to vote for in some of the categories, here are a few of “MY” favorites to consider voting for or writing in. I know some of these business owners personally so I like to support them:

#3 Favorite Vegan Doughnut = Mighty O Doughnuts in Seattle

#5 Favorite Vegan Cookie = Liz Lovely

#6 Favorite raw food energy bar = Vega Whole Food Energy Bar

#8 Favorite non-dairy ice-cream = Chicago Soydairy Temptation

#16 Favorite Vegan Personality = Please write in: Robert Cheeke, Brendan Brazier, Tonya Kay, or Ani Phyo

#17 Favorite Cookbook Author = Ani Phyo

#19 Favorite Veg Website = www.veganbodybuilding.com

#21 Favorite Vegan Store = VeganEssentials or Food Fight! Vegan Grocery

#23 Favorite Veg-Friendly City = Portland, OR

#24 Favorite VegNews-Sponsored Event = Portland VegFest, in Portland, OR

#26 Favorite Column = Dairy-Free Desserts by Beverly Lynn Bennett

Please vote for any of the following where they may fit:

Brendan Brazier

Tonya Kay

Robert Cheeke

VeganEssentials

Food Fight!

Scapegoat vegan tatoo

Chef Al Chase for a vegan Chef

------------------------------------------------------------------

Official 2007 Veggie Awards Information:

Welcome to the 2007 Veggie Awards™, the largest survey of its kind in the world. By voting, you and thousands of VegNews readers will select today's most popular vegetarian products, people and places. The annual celebration has become one of the magazine's most anticipated features, with winners announced in the November+December "Best of Vegetarian" holiday edition of VegNews. Need an extra incentive to vote? All submissions will be entered into our Grand Prize Drawing for fabulous prizes including:

Grand Prize: CALIFORNIA DREAM VEGGIE GETAWAY

One lucky winner and a guest will be swept away for 4 days and 3 nights to Northern California's Stanford Inn, a luxurious B&B complete with lavish ocean-view suites, fireplaces, a heated indoor swimming pool, and award-winning vegan cuisine. Also included are Dinner for 2 at San Francisco's Millennium Restaurant, All-You-Can-Eat Vegan Ice Cream Sundaes at MaggieMudd, Lunch with the VegNews Staff at our San Francisco Headquarters, and a Cable Car Fast Pass to whiz you around. Get your votes in pronto for a chance to win this ultimate veggie getaway!

First Prize: URBAN GIRL GOODIE BAG

Who wouldn't love to win this ultra-hip goodie bag packed with a $100 Gift Certificate to Alternative Outfitters, a pair of super stylish (and vegan, of course) Charmone Shoes, makeup products from Urban Decay, and a signed copy of the best-selling Skinny Bitch from VN columnist Rory Freedman.

Second Prize: VEGAN VICE PACKAGE

This fabulous package is oozing with indulgences vegetarians love most. Two lucky winners will each receive a gift box overflowing with vegan wine, decadent chocolate fudge from Allison's Gourmet, and a very fabulous handbag from Matt & Nat. How badly do you want to win this package? (two winners)

Third Prize: CHOCOLATE LOVERS GIFT BOX

Vegan superstore Pangea has custom created this box just for the 2007 Veggie Awards. Filled with an array of sumptuous dark chocolate treats from decadent chocolate spread, truffles and fondant to creamy peanut butter cups and chocolate-covered marshmallows, we regret that VegNews Magazine can't be held responsible for any ill-effects of consuming this prize. (three winners)

Plus, Weekly Giveaways!

Each week during the six-week long voting period, we'll be giving away a Vegan Essentials Spa Basket, brimming with cruelty-free bath goodies to relax and rejuvenate. Winners will be pampered with bath salts, body wash, soy candles, herbal tea and an exfoliating hand mitt. (six winners)

The Details: Ballots must include identifying information in order to be counted. Submissions must be at least 50% complete to qualify for prize drawings. All responses should be vegan except where noted. Entries must be received by September 1, 2007 at midnight. Nominees are based on the companies receiving the most votes in the 2006 Veggie Awards.

Vote now on www.vegnews.com

Thank you so much! I really appreciate the support. I’ll have an actual newsletter coming out soon with recaps from our 2007 Vegan Vacation, updates on contests, updates on products, and other general news updates.

The forum is getting more NEW members than ever before so I really thank you all for helping me grow this community. It’s one of the closest groups around and so many of us have become really good friends.

If you’re ever in the Portland, OR area, please let me know. We’ll take good care of you.

Thank you for being part of this growing community.

I sincerely appreciate it.

Come back and see us soon!

Robert Cheeke

Just 2 more days to vote. Please help us get on the ballot for 2008!!!!

Here is a message I've been posting on Myspace.com

Feel free to copy and paste it.

I think you can hit "quote" to get the text codes in html for myspace.

Please copy and paste and send it out. I really appreciate it!!!!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

I just have a quick little favor to ask.

VegNews Magazine announced the 2007 Veggie Awards voting! Please take a few moments to write in and vote for www.veganbodybuilding.com as favorite veg website and Robert Cheeke as favorite Veg personality. Also, please write in other companies that you want to support. The more NEW names they see, the better chances those names have of being on the ballot for voting in 2008!

It just takes a couple of minutes and helps support some great people and organizations.

If you don’t know what to vote for in some of the categories, here are a few of “MY” favorites to consider voting for or writing in. I know some of these business owners personally so I like to support them:

#3 Favorite Vegan Doughnut = Mighty O Doughnuts in Seattle

#5 Favorite Vegan Cookie = Liz Lovely

#6 Favorite raw food energy bar = Vega Whole Food Energy Bar

#8 Favorite non-dairy ice-cream = Chicago Soydairy Temptation

#16 Favorite Vegan Personality = Please write in: Robert Cheeke, Brendan Brazier, Tonya Kay, or Ani Phyo

#17 Favorite Cookbook Author = Ani Phyo

#19 Favorite Veg Website = www.veganbodybuilding.com

#21 Favorite Vegan Store = VeganEssentials or Food Fight! Vegan Grocery

#23 Favorite Veg-Friendly City = Portland, OR

#24 Favorite VegNews-Sponsored Event = Portland VegFest, in Portland, OR

#26 Favorite Column = Dairy-Free Desserts by Beverly Lynn Bennett

Please vote for any of the following where they may fit:

Brendan Brazier

Tonya Kay

Robert Cheeke

VeganEssentials

Food Fight!

Scapegoat vegan tattoo

Chef Al Chase for a vegan Chef

I sincerely appreciate it!!!!

Thanks so much!!!!!

Robert Cheeke