annual employee appreciation lunch

the Asocial Ape

so. our agency (workers' comp) had the annual lunch thing to show how much they care about the workers.

i lined up to get some salad and fruit or whatever.

i get up there and here's what they had - ribs, bbq chicken, potato salad and cole slaw made with mayo, baked beans made with bacon, and red velvet cake.

thanks bosses! you showed how much you think of me.

People sometimes don't know that gooey stuff have dairy and eggs in it. And sometimes they don't know if you'll eat it or not. When my work had a big party this spring I basically got beets with salt.

But on the other hand, who said saving yourself and the planet would be easy

The governor of IL (D) cut out a lot of money for social services and instead got his private jets decked out with leather seats and leather wall trim, and to be nice to the pilot he got some sheepskin seat covers. Oh, and he upgraded the engines too.

niiiiice. i work the state of FL, and that's the kind of shit they pull here. in the last ten years it's become an easy way to make points with the voters by shafting state workers - stopping raises, cutting benefits, moving masses of workers out of career service protection, stopping all training... meanwhile, they're spending money like carzy on contractors.

bah.

We have birthday cakes every month in our department (there's over a hundred of us so they do group celebrations). I might bring my own vegan cake this year just to broaden their horizons a bit. On the other hand, my supervisor was thoughtful enough to consult me on a caterer for an upcoming conference so there will be vegan options.

What a reward, a bunch of unhealthy food! Weather you are Omni or not it seems more sensible to offer healthy food....if nothing else it would keep the call offs (due to sickness) less and the longevity of the workers at an increase.

Some people don't think it is food unless it has some dead animal or animal secretions in it.