Yea, I'm back too, again...

SpeakLow

Hello Everyone,

I am back too, yet again. I took a long hiatus this summer, not all by choice though. I sold my house back in late March, at the same time I started experiencing blood in my urine. Some tests showed that I am riddled with Kidney Stones and some cysts, which the doctors though maybe the onset of Polycystic Kidney Disease. I don't do well with the "D" word, it was a pretty tumultuous time. Jonzen flew out to Colorado to help both Jessifly and I move out to Oregon. I spent the summer with Jon in Sisters. I eventually started to pass a stone, which got stuck for about two months. I had surgery in July to have it removed. NOT fun stuff, I wish no one ever experiences that kind of pain.

I am here in Portland now, temporarily living with Jessi. I hope to have work very soon so that I can get of these expensive COBRA benefits and find a home of my own. I am 99% sure that I landed a job at the downtown REI though, which is pretty cool! Great company and deep discounts too!

I spent the last week with Hero, a great inspiration and very good new friend. He introduced me to the benefits of a raw diet as well. I went vegan on my birthday last year, so I though this year on my birthday, I would go raw, as much as I can. So yesterday, it began. With the outlook of these health problems of mine, I am more dedicated now than ever, to set my mind and body on the right track with proper foods and proper exercise. I am hoping to start on some kind of yoga, all new to me. I am ready to build now too, more than ever. I think I want to take some dance classes too, it has always looked fun to me, especially swing!

So, it is good to finally be here in Portland and back here on the forums. I hope to see many of you around town too! I've met a small handful and looking forward to meeting everyone else eventually!

Laters!

Welcome back and sorry to hear about your health-problems! I am sure a raw diet will inprove your health-level but be aware of the detox-symptoms you might experience. It is very helpful to have other rowfoodists around you when you start. My advice: To not fall into the raw-cuisine-trap. Keep the meals as simple as possible.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...