Ninja Ranking Cards

Richard

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ALF is an alien, and can't let himself just get seen by everyone, I think he does quite well, although I could be wrong. If more evidence is provided that ALF can't hide himself very well, then I'll reduce the ninja stars

He let the entire television viewer population of the USA see him. thats not very stealthy.

ok ok ok i see a need for a few up graded booster packs for some of these guys....

1(The Fonz): I have seen him multiple times have the talent to get rid oif people. not to mention he has some powers, which are more like 'steez' but you canclaim them to be magic points. who gets more ladies and makes things work for free?

2 (the Grouch): saying he can use this trash can lid as a weapon is like saying some people like The Fonz can run people over with there motorbikes. His stealth is ok but everyone seems to know where to find him when they want too. but i think you should leave those stars right thurr.

3 (Lars): drumsticks as weapons? i got a water bottle does that count as a weapon?

4 (Power Rangers): they just deserve more credit!

5 (Murdock): hes kinda messed in the head with imaginary poeple and stuff that should be some magic (at leats one) point/s.

6 (me): YEAH WHERES ME!

don't take this too serous these are great. just my opinion that if these where real card i would have to write the designer and manufactors of the upgradeable flaws of my choice.

Shall we see more in the future?

He let the entire television viewer population of the USA see him. thats not very stealthy.

I agree. He's very popular in Europe, too

It can't be that the Fonz has more stars in heavy metal than the grouch! No way man!

The Howling Mad Murdock definitely deserves more stars in the flip out factor AND in costume. Don't you remember how he disguises himself as others all the time? That's costume as well as stealth in my book. And Devil is right, a star for him in the magic category

Shredder has at least one star too much in executions per second.

Great stuff

I am taking this all into consideration, I think valid points have been made. However, concerning ALF, the viewer must be able to know about them otherwise the series wouldn't work. For instance, Peter Parker keeps his secret identity hidden from many people, but that's all out of the window if you say that he should also be hiding it from the viewer!

Murdock's flip-out factor is okay, he is crazy, but on the scale provided, there are other people who are more crazy than he is. His insanity doesn't really lead to much happening that often, it's more an insular frenzy. How can you end the phrase 'So then Murdock totally flipped out and...' It doesn't end with too much stuff right? And the frequency of his flip-outs is not 100%. Jason Voorhees gets 10 for flipout, because ALL HE DOES is flip out, he is in a constant state of wanting to kill people, it's all he ever does, and his flip-outness always has the conclusion that he will try to attack people for pretty much no reason. Murdock is just a bit loopy, it needs to be in perspective.

Power Rangers get quite a lot of credit I think, not sure what you think I should change about them?

The executions per second is a tongue-in-cheek expression. It's just like, how dangerous they are I guess. As far as I remember, Shredder only ever killed one guy (in recorded ninja turtle history). Other than that he just throws barrels around and says 'Darrr I will make turtle soup!'. I think he deserves one star for his previous murder, and his continued threat of menace as a badguy, but not more.

I can see the logic in changing:

Fonz's heavy metal

The Grouch's weapons

Lars's weapons

Murdock's costume

I will add more cards sporadically

Okay I've updated like I said I would.

Additionally, murdock's usage of disguise is covered mainly in his stealth. The costume section is more like how much they actually look like a ninja - is their costume generally black, do they wear a mask, is their costume badass etc. Murdock does wear a lot of black, but there's not much more about it than that. I guess his hat also covers part of his head.

With regards to magic, Fonz is just gifted, his abilities are irrelevent to the Ninja Ranking system. Magic is like controlling the weather, being invisible, shooting fireballs, flying, seeing through walls etc.

added Angel, Angelus, Buffy, Bat Man and Spider Man

With regards to magic, Fonz is just gifted, his abilities are irrelevent to the Ninja Ranking system. Magic is like controlling the weather, being invisible, shooting fireballs, flying, seeing through walls etc.

Riding motor bike skills, High school drop out skills, beat up guys skills, chicks skills, mechanical skills... where do those belong then?lol jk

but good work on the upgrades

Yeah, I have to question the rating on Fonz as well. I mean, chick skillz - um, that ain't skill he has, that's gotta be damn magic. Cause I personally have no clue how he gets all those chicks and I am flippin chick. He must have some mighty pheromones...shit, ok, so the pheromone thing would be a scientific explanation. So scratch that. I have to argue that controlling women with the flip of your jacket is more difficult than controlling the weather but, your cards, your game.

Cool new cards

Batman deserves more stars in stealth and MA!

Also, i think you could choose a better picture for his card.. NOT VAL KILMER!

Another idea would be to make the number of stars somehow more distinguishable. Maybe with different colors for ten (gold stars) and more than five (red stars), or maybe by putting them into a grid. That way you'd see immediatly who kicks ass in a category (without having to count).

Yea daywalker wants Adam West

http://www.geocities.com/~1966/batman.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/~1966/adam.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/~1966/cfig340.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/~1966/star1.jpg

Does he get extra stealth points for walking up the outside of a building instead of using the lift...

I will change the photo of Bat Man, agreed.

His stealth is at 9. He is not the absolute best at stealth in my opinion. 9 is very good :s you're just a fan boy. As for martial arts, he just isn't as good as martial arts as other people. He is good at fighting sure, and he does do some martial arts, and he gets 7. But he doesn't do really dramatic techniques, not from what I've seen of him at any rate.

I know what you mean about reading the number of stars. Altering that would involve me having to basically redo all the cards that I've done. Last night I went through and changed all of them from 'executions per second' to 'brutality' so that it makes more sense, and I altered some of the stars accordingly. I think your idea of a grid works best, and I might do that! Although it's daunting having to redo them. I have a new list of people I am going to add also.

Bat Man did get extra points for climbing up walls he is already at 9! Damn you make it sound like I assfucked him.

Okay I am now making some big changes...! Hope you guys like it :P it'll take me a little while. I can't do big changes like this again, so hopefully this will cover everything

Okay I have altered all the cards and put them into grids, and put in colours for 9 and 10. I also changed it from Martial Arts to Fighting Ability. So I then altered each card accordingly to reflex fighting ability rather than martial arts. I am now going to work on the new additions! I hope the alterations are satisfactory, phew

Hey, the changes are all to the better!

The grids work very well, as do the star colours. The explanation of the rankings is excellent

The new Batman pic is WAY cooler

Damn you make it sound like I assfucked him.

Nobody can do that with Batman. Just as everybody can do it to Adam West, which is one of the main reasons i laughed at him as Batman when i was eight. He's less Batman than Uma Thurman.

Has Buffy magic abilities? I don't watch it, but i thought she was just martial arts trained.

I think Spiderman should get a relative high score in fighting skill, as he's got superhuman strength as well as spider reflexes. At the moment there are many characters with fighting skill 8, one with 9 (Jason), none with 10 (none with 2 or 6 either), so Spidy is at 8 together with Buffy and Batman and behind Jason.

Use the whole scale from 0 to 10.

Yeah Daywalker, I have thought the same about fighting ability. Thing is, putting someone higher than someone else really means 'they'd beat them in a fight'. And that leads to arguments!! I may change some of the abilities like you say, to use more of the range.

Buffy does have magical abilities. He strength and reflexes were given to her via magic. She also has dreams which tell her about the future. She also uses a small amount of other magical spells, but not much. It all adds up though.

Batman was trained in martial arts, but so is like, everyone else! And Jason is just unstoppable really, he can only be slowed down and contained, never really defeated.

I have added in a number of new people, I hope it amuses you all I will continue to add more and update

Yeah Daywalker, I have thought the same about fighting ability. Thing is, putting someone higher than someone else really means 'they'd beat them in a fight'. And that leads to arguments!! I may change some of the abilities like you say, to use more of the range.

Of course this leads to arguments!

Like, Robocop vs. the Terminator, or Jean-Claude Van Damme against Beavis with spear!

I think i'd get two stars in fighting ability - i reckon i could kick Fonz and Murdocks asses

Batman was trained in martial arts, but so is like, everyone else! And Jason is just unstoppable really, he can only be slowed down and contained, never really defeated.

I didn't argue on that one, you're absolutely right. Above Jason could only be the Hulk, or Superman. But Batman should be below Spiderman, as Spidy would kick his AND Buffy's ass AT THE SAME TIME

Gotta check the new cards, now

Okay

The Predator is cool, he rocks!

I won't argue about God and Satan, but why has Jesus more stealth than the Blair Witch? I think the Blair Witch should have ten gold stars in stealth and zreo in all other categories

Link has 10 stars in weapons? More than Batman? Okay, maybe, i don't know the recent video games, only the old ones.

I just updated some stuff. As far as I know, I had ALWAYS given batman 10 for weapons! He has everything. I have put up the range of fighting ability. Now the very best is like Buffy and Spiderman and Jason. Then the ultra tough people at 9 like Batman, Kane, Predator, Dante, then the pretty tough people at 8. I think it's better now!

Jesus gets 10 for stealth because have you ever seen him? :P He is very mysterious. I may reduce his stealth. Blair witch I feel is pretty good at stealth, has lots of tricks. I can easily be convinced to alter the cards, just put forward your case and we'll see how logical it is

EDIT: I have changed Jesus's stealth to 5. He did do some stealthy things, like pretend to be dead and stuff. Plus wherever he is now he is very stealthy about it. I have put blair witch up to 10 for stealth, like you said

Added today:

Beavis

The Blair Witch

The Crow

Garrett from Thief

God

James Bond

Jesus

Joe Musashi from Shinobi

Kane

Leon

Link

Mike from Spaced

Onion Man

Predator

Santa Claus

Satan

Steve Irwin

Sub Zero

Yoshimitsu

It's great to see your project evolve

Buffy is ultra tough?

Maybe i should watch one time, to check her out.

I don't know half of the characters you put on the cards.

Now the very best is like Buffy and Spiderman and Jason. Then the ultra tough people at 9 like Batman, Kane, Predator, Dante, then the pretty tough people at 8. I think it's better now!

Yes, it's better. Though i still think any of the guys with 9 would beat the crap out of Buffy

I can easily be convinced to alter the cards, just put forward your case and we'll see how logical it is

That's cool

I don't want to start an argument about every little detail, but some things just have to bet set straight

Okay.

James Bond has more than zero heavy metal stars? How do you define heavy metal?? Has he long hair? Does he smell? Does he play rock'n'roll on his e-guitar?

Same with Santa

I think Beavis could do with another one or two stars in brutality. He's not strong, but cruel and reckless enough. I mean, given the chance, i think he'd be as brutal as Kane. I can imagine Beavis sitting in front of the TV and shouting "Kill him! Kill him!" while watching Kane wrestle.

Sub Zero is cool And Leon

Buffy is like undefeated. Maybe I can move her to 9, but the point of the series is that nothing can stop her really. It's hard to compare it to another series, in which something ELSE is meant to be unstoppable. Who is MORE unstoppable?? She has magical strength, she can bend metal with her bare hands, and jump like 20 feet in the air with her leg muscles etc. She can knock people flying mega far with her kicks.

James Bond is kind of reckless, which is heavy metal. He doesn't like authority, and he likes to see stuff blow up.

Santa Claus has a massive beard, and has big boots, and he is fat. He is almost like an old biker.

I have altered the colouring for 8 stars as well

Ah yeah you are right about Beavis

She has magical strength, she can bend metal with her bare hands, and jump like 20 feet in the air with her leg muscles etc. She can knock people flying mega far with her kicks.

Didn't know that! I only saw her once when the series was new. Maybe her strength has evolved since then.

It's hard to compare it to another series, in which something ELSE is meant to be unstoppable. Who is MORE unstoppable??

Hm, i see the point. The HULK, i guess

I understand your point now in the ratings of Mr. Bond, James Bond, and Santa

Edit:

My wishlist for new cards would include the Hulk, Clubber Lang (from Rocky III), Conan the Barbarian and Darth Vader

But the list grows as fast as i can write them down, it's virtually infinite... There are some cool characters in the entertainment industry