I am so hungry all the time

paragonx

For some reason i am so hungry lately. I try to stay at 2000 calories a day. I feel I eat a good variety of food throughout the day. Although i don't eat any soy products or use any form of food replacement/or protein supplements. I even added about 200 more calories in the last few days and still can't seem to stop feeling hungry. Will this go away or is my body telling me something?

Here is basically what i eat. It varies minimally.

Breakfast

Orange Juice (1) cup

Banana (1) Lg

Kashi Go Lean Crunch (1 cup)

Lunch

Raw SunFlower Seeds (1/4) cup

Health Valley Organic Veg. Soup

Baby Carrots 122 grams

Apple (1) Med

Dinner

Romaine Lettuce (2) cups

Dole Baby Spinach Organic (3 oz)

Mixed Veg (1/2) cup Raw

Flax Seeds (1/2 TbleSpoons)

Gazebo Room Light Greek Dressing

Mixed Veg (1) cup cooked

Beans (1/2) cup

Brown Rice (1) cup

Olive Oil (1) tble

Thanks for any thoughts.

Ann

Ann, what you posted looks really good overall. However, it could be because there's not a lot of "bulk" in there that you're feeling hungry. Also, you may not be eating enough throughout the day... you have a very light lunch, and a heavier dinner.

How active are you?

Ann, what you posted looks really good overall. However, it could be because there's not a lot of "bulk" in there that you're feeling hungry. Also, you may not be eating enough throughout the day... you have a very light lunch, and a heavier dinner.

How active are you?

I feel like i eat all day long though. I used to be at about 1500 calories a day. I felt tired and weak, so i bumped it up to 2000 calories a day and i feel physically better. I eat something about every hour, but feel hungry all the time.

I think i am pretty active

I am up and down at work, meaning i don't sit at a desk all day. I go to the gym three times a week. I do 30 minutes of cardio and do about 45 minutes of mixed weight training. In the evening i work in the garage for about three hours. That is pretty much every day. The weekends are equally as busy. i don't sit still much.

Ann

In terms of hunger, maybe some oats would fill you up for longer, if you had some earlier in the day? Also, I think that various vegetables could be eaten as often as you like, so if you're hungry you can just have more and more, like celery or whatever, very low calories, and I don't see a health problem with continually eating them

High fiber may be what you need. However weather can have alot to do with it. Our heart rates increase in the winter and your body needs more fuel to run at temperature throughout the day. Lets say you keep the house at 74degrees in the summer like most people...staying at home in the winter with the house at 68(what most recommend) means your body has to make up for 6 more degrees of heat that it otherwise wouldn't need to. If you do cardio outside this is even worse.

I wish people were made aware of this more often. A very large percentage of our calories are lost just to produce heat. If it were 98.6 degrees everywhere we went we'd be able to eat probably over 30% less than we do now. We'd need to drink a lot more water but our bodies wouldn't be wasting any heat...this is why Ethiopian distance runners have such scant diets and low heart rates relative to runners from colder climates.

I have a couple suggestions that will really work for you.

Add a bit more healty fats to each meal. Especially to breakfast where you have none. I see that you have some, but add a little more. Your body will use it.

Also, what about a couple of Raw Hemp Protein Shakes. I see that you try to eat alot of Raw so this would go hand in hand with that.

The final suggestion is to break up your breakfast lunch and dinner into 5 smaller meals. The body likes to eat frequently and it keeps your energy high and metabolism revved.

Try these things and you may be pleasantly suprised.

Add a bit more healty fats to each meal. Especially to breakfast where you have none. I see that you have some, but add a little more. Your body will use it.

I agree with this suggestion. Many people get hungry because their body is lacking in essential fats. Taking a flax oil supplement (1 - 2 tablespoons a day, in the morning or with lunch) usually helps.

Also, what about a couple of Raw Hemp Protein Shakes. I see that you try to eat alot of Raw so this would go hand in hand with that.

The final suggestion is to break up your breakfast lunch and dinner into 5 smaller meals. The body likes to eat frequently and it keeps your energy high and metabolism revved.

Thanks for thoughts. I usually eat the breakfast and lunch foods about every hour Starting at 7:30 am-8:00am and finishing about noon. Then eat and apple at around 2:00 pm then supper around 5:30 pm.

Add a bit more healty fats to each meal.

Can you make a suggestion of what type of food this would be? nuts??

Thanks

Dehydration can sometimes be confused with hunger pains. Drink plenty of water and avoid tea/coffee. It might sound like lame advice, but it actually worked for me. I'm 192cm, 90kg and thriving without any hunger pains on 1600-1800 net calories per day, whereas before I could never have done that.

But why no tea? No coffee makes sense to me, but no tea? I drink about 3 cups of green tea every day and 4 cups herbal tea or fruit tea... i mean its winter and i am having a sore throat so i cant drink water, no way.... i just dont get the "no tea"-thing......

But why no tea? No coffee makes sense to me, but no tea? I drink about 3 cups of green tea every day and 4 cups herbal tea or fruit tea... i mean its winter and i am having a sore throat so i cant drink water, no way.... i just dont get the "no tea"-thing......

Green/black/white tea is a diuretic, just like coffee. One cup a day is fine in my opinion, but you need to drink a ton of water to rehydrate if you're drinking as many as you say you are.

Diuretics cause the cells in your body to lose water, thus why you pee so much when you drink tea. This can lead to dehydration if you're not consuming *at least* one glass of water to every cup of tea.

Most herbal teas are not as bad in this regard as green/black/white tea, though.

Thanks for thoughts. I usually eat the breakfast and lunch foods about every hour Starting at 7:30 am-8:00am and finishing about noon. Then eat and apple at around 2:00 pm then supper around 5:30 pm.

Add a bit more healty fats to each meal.

Can you make a suggestion of what type of food this would be? nuts??

Thanks

Healthy fats include: flax seed, avocados, nuts, olive oil (not cooked), coconut oil (for cooking), soy has a little, coconut... basically any natural plant based source of fat, as long as it isn't oxidized (heated at high temps like deep frying) are healthy IMO.

Also, in regards to eating small meals throughout the day, I think 6-8 meals is what it sounds like you're having, may be a little too much. Try bringing it down to 4 or 5 meals a day and see if that helps. I have a feeling that your metabolism is already on the high side if you are always moving and never sit down, and then by eating so frequently your metabolism is probably sky high. This would in theory make you hungrier.

I'm no nutritional expert, but going down to 4 meals a day certainly isn't going to do you any harm, and it may help to curb your hunger...