Denise Nicole's Figure Journal (AKA SeaSiren)

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on get some latest photos up

Take some of you training in Powerhouse

Yer right re Rum as if

ROBBIExxx

Need someone to follow me with a camera, but I'll see what I can do. Owners of PH, decided when their franchise came up to ditch the name and are now West Ocean City Fitness. With so many people who move to the area from Baltimore, DC, NYC and Philly area, I'm not sure ditching a commonly well known name was necessarily in their best interest, but that's all them. That and the Rt 50 bridge is closed for repairs for a few months so Rt 90 is the only way in and out .... thus losing all their "island" people who would have had to have driven all the way around. I imagine their sign ups were pretty bad this year! The people who run it are darlin', so no complaints here.

I headline next week, so prob the best time to photo, while I'm in more prime shape.

Early Gym day today for me, really want to get it knocked out and get back home ..... have a lot of accounting to finish and need to get it done for taxes

OK, being the bad patient I am, I did a 20min steady cardio session on tread because I was ready to jump out of my skin! Half way through I thought I possibly jumped the gun, since I was getting really dizzy

Slept horrible again, but was at least "down" for 8 hours. Was thankful that the sun was coming through the skylight, an excuse to get up.

AM session (somebody should write that down). The gym was crowded! Who knew everyone and their mother works out at 10??!!

Lower Back Ext 30-30-30

Upper Abs 100-30-30

Lower Abs 30-30-30

Seated Overhead Dumbbell Press wu 12 @ 15, 8 @20 x 2 , wm 20 @ 10

Seated Dip Machine wu 12 @ 50 , 8 @ 100 x 2 , wm 30 @ 50

Stretching

Someone please remind me to NOT workout in the AM .... not only was it crowded, but I had no gains. I am just plain stronger in the afternoon.

Was pulling into the tanning booth when I got a call from the school to pick up my eldest daughter. She has what I had, so turned around picked her up, but she said she was well enough for me to tan on the way back, so at least got it in.

Came home was doing 20min on tread (brisk walk) when at 15min my daughter wanted to go on a bike ride. I though "why not?". My bike, which I last rode mid-summer had half a flat in the rear, but not wanting to look for the pump I took it out anyway. About a mile into the ride, it occurred to me, that I push weights and AM NOT a cardio queen. The extra effort to peddle a partial flat was freaking killing me .... again someone tell me NOT to work out in the AM, as apparently I DO NOT have sense enough to make good decisions! However, no regrets, the girls have been wanting to go on a ride with me for the past several days. The picture my daughter drew of us on bikes last night .... kinda pushed me over to do it. And I enjoy their company

Made it back exhausted, yet surprisingly cold (trying to snow here) .... stretching and done for the day!

Need to study and do accounting remainder of day, as soon as I get warm. I'm thinking hot bath, hot coffee or tea and curl up on the couch with my study material

AM yes pain alright I just wait till everyone has gone or it,s quiten down,I just sit in the cardio area watching the TV when really I am watching the Cardio Bunnies naughty boy I am

Hey with that many people there you could of got somone to take some pic,s,I bet there was many a guy and gal would like to take a photo of you not training one,s thou

ROBBIExxx

Hey with that many people there you could of got somone to take some pic,s,I bet there was many a guy and gal would like to take a photo of you not training one,s thou

ROBBIExxx

One would think, but I try not to make eye contact .... invites unwanted conversation, lol

Hang on you sure it was 10am as your not a morning person it takes 5 mug,s of strong coffee for you to get your ass into gear

ROBBIExxx

Yeah, not sleeping, so was up by 6:30 and actually did have quite a bit of coffee before leaving

ACE material is putting me to sleep ..... NOW I know how to get some sleep tonight. Did they really need to make it such dry reading??? I find myself reading the same paragraph over and over, because my attention keeps straying

you're looking fantastic Denise

if you don't mind me asking what's your size and weight?

Thank you

In the avatar:

5'5"

104lbs

36-25-33

However, I have put on more mass, so should go into my next comp somewhere around 108 at the same BF%, bust and waist are the same, but brought hips up to 34 ..... that may end up being 33.5 at comp time, not sure until I drop off all the BF and dehydrate.

Size: 0-1 Jeans, but have to by "stretch" or they won't fit my thighs, dress size is 0 (unless it isn't strapless, then I have to go over to skirt and blouse/corset separates or can't get a fit), shirt size is Med due to gains in shoulders this year, but waist is still a S/XS, so have to have them taken in now.

Wow it must be a pain in the a$$ to shop for clothes

Very much so! Most stores don't carry my size to begin with, so only a few stores that do. Mostly skater/surf stores like PacSun, etc. And at that I need to go in and try them on to make sure they fit. I have long legs for my height and with the thigh prob, very hard to get a fit. I wear mini skirts and high boots in the winter a lot, since I only have 3 pair of jeans right now I could find..... unless I am in work out gear.

But no complaints, I put a lot of work into getting to this point, and don't plan to stop lol

Slept better last eve, but not quite well. ACE material still quite dry reading, but once I actually get in a quiet enough place to read it, it is coming pretty easily.

20min steady cardio on incline tread today.

3 sets upper abs

3 sets lower abs

stretching

Moved pretty much totally over to a "V" type diet. Just so much easier for me, not to think about nutrition, just to get it down and on time. And the best thing has been NO bloating. With the absence of higher sodium food, my tummy stays totally flat. The only thing I'm going to switch around is my last shake which is supposed to be double scoop, plus Natty PB and milled flax ..... way to heavy on my stomach and I have a stomach ache when I go to lay down. I seem to need more energy mid-day, so going to put it there and do a 1 scoop shake/pudding in the evening before bed instead.

The other thing, since I am not looking to lose weight just get my nutrients in, is if I should decide to consume a whole food meal (which I pretty much could careless most days .... not a "food" person), I can make the mental adjustment for the daily intake and just do it. I don't crave junk anymore, so it would be nutrient rich anyway.

OK 2 more lifting sessions this week, then off all next week for a rest/recovery week. I'm thinking I'm going to go nuts!!!!

Wow it must be a pain in the a$$ to shop for clothes

Very much so! Most stores don't carry my size to begin with, so only a few stores that do. Mostly skater/surf stores like PacSun, etc. And at that I need to go in and try them on to make sure they fit. I have long legs for my height and with the thigh prob, very hard to get a fit. I wear mini skirts and high boots in the winter a lot, since I only have 3 pair of jeans right now I could find..... unless I am in work out gear.

But no complaints, I put a lot of work into getting to this point, and don't plan to stop lol

I'm sure you have no one else complaining about your style !

I have a short tarsal, long legs, and long arms.

I think I was made to climb trees

Moved pretty much totally over to a "V" type diet.

ok, I give up. What does a "V" type diet mean?

I was wondering that too!

Denise, we are very similar in proportion (well, you're more top heavy than I am, but otherwise...) It IS very difficult to find things that fit properly. I can only wear juniors bottoms pretty much now to fit my waist and hips, but my thighs have gotten bigger from all the running so sometimes I can't even get the size 0s pulled up over them. Very frustrating.

The V Diet is the Velocity Diet. I do a "form" of it. Drinking shakes is much easier for me. If you are a foodie person, you won't like it very much.

I was reading that V diet. Sounds interesting I'm always up for experimenting.

Do you follow this equation on how many calories you need to have?

(10.2 x bodyweight + 879) x .50 (for non training days)

(10.2 x bodyweight + 879) x .60 (for training days)

How low do you want your BF to be?

The V Diet is the Velocity Diet. I do a "form" of it. Drinking shakes is much easier for me. If you are a foodie person, you won't like it very much.

I was reading that V diet. Sounds interesting I'm always up for experimenting.

Do you follow this equation on how many calories you need to have?

(10.2 x bodyweight + 879) x .50 (for non training days)

(10.2 x bodyweight + 879) x .60 (for training days)

How low do you want your BF to be?

Regarding BF, I "eyeball it". I haven't found a truly accurate way to calculate it and it all boils down to how I look / feel.

For me 1100 cals - non-lifting, 1400 cals lifting. Since I am not looking to lose weight until comp. If I feel like a whole food meal during the day I just re-calculate my cals / fat/ protein and continue on. I also still do a "re-feed" day once per week ... again because I am not looking to lose. I only need to maintain BF% and feed my body nutrition / cals / fat / protein throughout the day.

The "V" diet is high protein, I love it because it's very easy, gives me a days nutrition, etc. On the "V" you don't do a lot of cardio .... generally people who do high cardio would prob benefit from higher carbs

I could see why it would be beneficial to have a sold meal day.

Thank-You for what you said.

I'm going to consume more protein on my rest/lifting days.

Followed by consuming extra Carbs on my endurance training.

I noticed you said you're not trying to lower your BF. Does this diet still work on maintaining your BF?

ok, this is what I do as well, but I didn't know it had a name

I am a foodie person (unfortunately), but I find this gets me the quickest results and is the easiest way to make sure you get in clean proteins. Being a foodie person is why I will ALWAYS struggle with maintenance --- I just always keep reminding myself that no one made me choose this path, I did it all on my own so there's no cause for a bunch of whining on my end because I chose it although somehow I manage to whine anyways.

You may occasionally whine ... but that's OK, because you push through it and kick serious butt!

Here is the link to the velocity diet:

http://www.musclewithattitude.com/readArticle.do?id=1690447&cr=mwaDietAndNutrition

For those who aren't familiar, the Muscle With Attitude Site is a branch off of T-Nation designed especially for female athletes. I have found it pretty useful

Adding another shoot to my schedule! I'm doing a 'Varga' girls type shoot (for those that aren't familiar it's a 1940's pin-up girl type shoot). It seems some of the Units over seas had my photo as the unit poster and screen savers as their Units Pin-Up Girl.... but it was several of them. They would come back from their mission/rounds to the pin-up and regarded me as their "good luck" charm.

Anyway, so now I am scheduled to do an actual WW II pin-up girl type shoot. They said my "look" is reminiscent of that. (always thought I was born too late, lol). I am so flattered by it all and the guys from the units have been writing (e-mailing) me since yesterday... I guess word spreads fast. Right now I am answering them all personally and wish them well and to stay safe

Training:

I have been good and am resting up ... sorta. Stayed off the tread yesterday (yay me) but may get on for 15 today. Working on my splits and some strength moves (floor). Getting ready to go tan ... hoping to get warm. It is so cold outside!

Still eating clean, but they are flushing the water system today, so the water was coming out of the tap totally black .... um no shake for me thank-you! So ended up with "solid" food. Will just re-adjust my intake and get back to my shakes when they finish flushing the system.