Help with Gemma Protein :-X

GRardB

I bought the strawberry-banana flavor from True Protein. In all honestry, it tastes pretty bad and doesn't mix very well. I had to put about 2 cups of water (with two scoops) for it to even be a liquid. With my whey, I could make a shake with two scoops and 1 cup of water with no problem.

So far I've tried:

2 cups water

2 scoops

Sugar

The result: Drinkable, but not very good. Very thick.

1 1/2 cup water

2 scoops

~1 tbsp peanut butter

1 Banana

Sugar

The result: Too thick to drink. Tasted terrible. Had to throw it out

I have no idea what to do! I don't wanna give up on gemma because I know it's better for you than whey.

Any advice?

Thanks,

Gerard

Have you thought of using hemp or regular soy protein isolate???

I have some hemp protein, but I can't use it as a regular protein shake, because 30g of hemp is only about 14g of protein. 30g of gemma protein is 25g of protein. Gemma's also a lot cheaper too.

I've thought about soy, but not much. I already eat a lot of soy to begin with, so I'd rather have a variety of different proteins. That's one of the reasons I chose gemma.

EDIT: Also forgot to mention, the reason I want more protein (the reason I choose gemma) is because I'm currently bulking.

Have you thought of using hemp or regular soy protein isolate???

I have some hemp protein, but I can't use it as a regular protein shake, because 30g of hemp is only about 14g of protein. 30g of gemma protein is 25g of protein. Gemma's also a lot cheaper too.

I've thought about soy, but not much. I already eat a lot of soy to begin with, so I'd rather have a variety of different proteins. That's one of the reasons I chose gemma.

EDIT: Also forgot to mention, the reason I want more protein (the reason I choose gemma) is because I'm currently bulking.

Throw some canned pineapple in there and blend it up. Sounds like you might have to make some fruit smoothies with it!

I've been vegan longer than interested in fitness so I don't know what whey is like, but I will say that the pea protein (gemma) is MUCH better tasting than soy or hemp.

I'm currently having these in the morning:

1 cup light soymilk

1 banana

2 rings of pineapple (from pineapple juice packed can, drained)

1.5 70cc scoops of gemma protein

1/4 cup water to thin it out

Comes out to about 48 grams of protein give or take.

It tastes great, but it definitely more a smoothie than a shake. I like it that way.

It's because your using 2 scoops. It's thick enough with 1 scoop but 2 scoops is just way too thick.

If you really want the two scoops, break it up into two shakes or something.

Some other tips would be:

Use really overripe frozen bananas. They really add a ton of flavor to shakes and I bet you'll find you don't need the sugar. Also a mixture of frozen banana and frozen strawberries would probably go well with that flavor.

Try using 1 cup water and some Vanilla soymilk or a couple of Tbsp of Silk French Vanilla creamer to flavor

It is thick but you can work around the consistency.