Pre-Workout Fuel for losing body fat

Hey there!

Any suggestions for a SMALL pre-workout snack before strength training?

I am not looking to put on mass ... but to lose body fat and lean out.

I work out first thing in the am ... used to do all workouts (strength, cardio, yoga) in a fasted state ... but, I think I need a little something before I strength train now ...

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

I saw this post earlier today and was going to say "nothing with a significant amount of fat". I've thrown up twice from doing this.

So with this fresh in mind you would think I would have thought twice about eating a giant handful of almonds before dancing, but nooooo. Now I have a stomach ache and I stand by my original advice.

I work out at 6:30 am on weekdays b4 I go to school. I do 45min of cardio then like 1hr of lifting.

I do 1 cup of Oatmeal w/ dried cranberries, fresh blueberries, flax seeds and few drops of agave nectar( like 30 min before i get to the gym.

As soon as I am done with cardio, I eat 1-2 dates and like 5-10 almonds. It gets me a boost right before I dive into some hardcore lifting.

I think its a good idea to eat something with as much fiber as you can stand and not all that much in terms of simple carbs. During my fastest weight loss periods I was eating oatmeal before my rides with only some molasses, a banana and a little vegan butter.

Thanks again ...

This seems to be a really individual thing ... and just what makes you feel best ... so I'll experiment and let y'all know ...

I also bought some raw food bars ... thought I might try downing a chunk of one of those ...

I just come from that old school of omnivore training ... where it's always got to be some sort of whey this or flesh that to maintain muscle ... which never really worked for me ...

It wasn't until I found this site and Trev posted me about just eating as much raw fruit and veggies as possible that the secret was unlocked!!

Edited by Lindsay76

Honestly I think the real key is eating enough for the workout but not eating for a few hours after. Thats bad for recovery but its good for weight loss. This doesn't really mean eat less...its just eating at a different time.