Muscles, Diet and time.

I've been working out my arms( And like all of you know my terribly loose abs ) but I can't really go heavy because of the limited amount of food I get. I only really have enough so far to have one big meal a day( With maybe a banana every now and then ) But I did have an interview today for winco. And I think I am close to getting a job. So. My basic diet which I will be eating.

I am giving soy Sauce the Axe. No more of it.

Breakfast:

Black Beans( Cooked over night in a bean cooker so it's ready m\by morning ) Homemade Tortillas( I am still debating on this because I would like to keep my diet 100 percent non-processed( Meaning everything I eat I wash )

Amount of Beans( One whole of those small sized bags ) One for every day of the week. And as for Tortillas. I'd probably buy flour once a week so I can make loads of Tortillas a day and just crank up my Carbohydrate and Protein Amount.

Lunch: A Fruit Smoothie with tons of various fruits( Orange, Grape, Blueberry, Plum, Apricot, Strawberry, Watermelon, Pineapple, Apple....atill trying to think of other fruit I might need )

Amount of Fruit: A lot. At least one whole fruit in the shake per day.

Dinner: Baked Veggie Kinosh( Okay the name is made up but I think this is way better then Pasta and Soy Sauce ) 5-10 Potatoes, Spinach, 5 Tomatoes, Carrots, Lots of Eggplant, Onion, Broccoli, Musrhooms,. Bell Peppers and Celery.....Also still trying to think of any other veggies with vitamins and minerals that I can't get from any of those veggies.

Then there's the snack I would eat right before the gym.

Nut Mix: Almonds, Walnuts, Raisins, Cashews and Pecans( No salt needed )

Super Protein Shake: Soybeans( Pre soaked and made fresh ) Coco Beans ( Also pre-soaked and made into chocolate( Or however that's done ) and Fresh Coffe( Although I guess I don't really need that ) but..what else can I add to a super power protein shake?

I'm sure this diet will cost me at least 100 bucks a week. But now that( Hopefully ) I got a job it should be easy. I'll try and apply for food stamps too to make it easy.

As for working out.

My Cardio: Bikeing 15-30 miles a day( After two weeks I'll add leg weights ) Gym Membership spend 2-3 hours there, DDR( which is fun bu I don't really play as much as I'd like )

So about crunches. What kind of stuff do they have at the gym that can help me with that? What is this Captains chair that I've heard about?

Get rid of the cocoa and all the fancy stuff.

Don't eat nuts before working out, get carbs.

Eat simple, dried beans and peas/lentils, etc. These are dirt cheap.

Bananas. Potatoes, oats. Buy things in bulk, and you will get much more calories for the money.

You could add leafy greens such as kale, collards, spinach or chard.

Are you making a smoothie out of soaked, raw soybeans? This is not a healthy way of eating them from every soybean preparation method I've ever read. There is at least one toxin that needs to be denatured by heat. I would not eat raw soybeans even though I know there is one person on this forum who has done so (with sprouted, unheated soybeans) and thinks it's okay. I would never ingest them. If you want to make homemade soy milk with your beans and then eat the okara (which needs to be heated as well for a set amount of time) then there are some sites such as Ellen's Kitchen that have step-by-step recipes and instructions.

Get rid of the cocoa and all the fancy stuff.

Well I agree the chocolate can be axed. But the Coffee even more so. I wouldn't even know how to make Chocolate from scratch with Fresh Coco Beans. but I hear Chocolate is really healthy in Anti-Oxidants.

Don't eat nuts before working out, get carbs.

What carbs would you recommend before a workout? Preferably something that can be eaten cold. I dont know hot to preserve hot food to the gym. But if I can I will.

Oh and as for the nut mix. When should I eat it( If I even need to ? )

Eat simple, dried beans and peas/lentils, etc. These are dirt cheap.

Yeah Peas are good. I was going to include them. The beans I was talking about are the Traditional "Mexican" Beans. Pinto preferably. Can't turn my back on my heritage

But I guess I could axe the flour tortillas. Even though it's going to be hard to break a 23 year tradition( Growing up every morning we would have beans and tortillas.

But alas you cannot wash flour lol. So if any thing bad happened to it during the process of packaging it will get inside me.

Unless I can make my own flour. But that seems like more work for that it's worth.

Bananas. Potatoes, oats. Buy things in bulk, and you will get much more calories for the money.

Yeah. I'll have to look into that. When you are talking about cheap food are you referring to Non-Organic Or Organic Produce? If I could I'd buy Organic but it might be more. Unless I buy direct. I'll have to look into places.

DV. I haven't started making the soymilk yet. But if I did make the smoothie I'd use the Soymilk maker from that thread we were talking about in. I'd soak them and then use a soymilk maker( That is if it does slowly cook it. I've heard bad things about raw Soybeans )

As for Leafy Greens. I got spinach covered ^^. I love that stuff. I could eat a whole bunch a day. Yumm ^^.

also don't use lack of calories as an excuse to not working out, especially if you think you may have a bit of fat to loose. Do a bodyweight workout and Taylor its intensity to your nutritional level. There is never an excuse to not work out, just plan well and your cool. Good luck man.

Also private message me if you want to talk i was in a similar situation as you and i can show you before and after photos and talk about what i did and am doing to help me.

P.s. i live off of a 30 dollar a week food budget and do alright, so if you need help as to how to budget i would be happy to help you as well.

I also recommend not eating nuts before workout. Personally I don't eat anything right before working out. Altough carbs give you energy it is also possible that you may experience a crash and burn situation while working out when your sugar levels come down. Also note that there is difference between being hungry and feeling hungry. If you don't feel specific need to eat before your workout then simply just don't do it. You should run the workout through with the energy you've collected from that day's nutrition, not going without food the whole day and hit a energy peak just before going to the gym.

That's my two cents.

I don't know what your training routine is like, but if your just trying to spot improve certain muscles like you said arms and abs. That's one of the biggest mistakes people make. If your looking to getting bigger, leaner(if you want and eat clean) stronger. more athletic do alot of compound exercies as your base and then add in the less important exercies like curls and tricept work. Do alot of squats, Dead Lifts, Bench, Military as the base of your routine