3 months away - what are you doing to prepare?

robert

Are you fundraising for yourself or for the group?

Are you making travel plans?

Are you training to get in better shape before your arrival?

Are you encouraging others to attend?

Are you looking into other activities around Oregon to do while you're here?

Are you working extra hours to have spending money or have an extended stay?

Are you taking action to make it happen?

Geeze 3 months is not very far from here

Yes, I have planned to come to Portland near the end of this month or the beggining of May to help Jessifly organize some kind of fund raiser.

Thanks for updating us Robert.

Also,

I'm staying in shape by taking the stairs

I'm saving some cash to by a fax machine You feel me?

Also there might be two other Canadians from BC coming along !!

So I'm busy ! But loving life !

Question 1: No. I'm not fund raising.

Question 2: not training yet. I first need a stable job to afford enough food.

Question 3: I did ask my mom if she wanted to perhaps go with me. But to tell the truth I'd rather go without her lol...that and when I asked her she smirked.

Question 4: No not looking into other activities. At least not without by VBB&F Folk . I mean seriously. There's plenty to do with the grouo right? I've seen the videos. Down by the beach. The hikes. It's gonna be a blast.

Question 5: Once I do get that job I will save every penny I can. I'll get two jobs if I can. All I will spend on is Apartment Rent( Because it's high time I've left the nest ) Food( 100 bucks a week ) Utilities and Gym. Everything else will go to savings so I can move farther away( And I will just dip into that savings and take out 500 or so bucks once I figure out what days I will come. And if all else fails I will save 100 bucks of my Social Security Money( If my mom will allow me ) and by Vegan Vacation I'll have 300. I don't mind sleeping on the cold floor either. I got sleeping blankets I can bring.

Question 6: I'm taking a lot of action. Today at the mall I went there and found out there is a new store that will be hiring. So I stuck around because the girl in customer service said they were supposed to be there from noon to 2 today. but they never showed. I went to the library prior and printed out 16 copies of my Resume. I turned one in at all the places hiring. And tomorrow I'm going back to the mall. I'll go to the Mall every single day for the next couple of weeks until I find those people hiring for the new store so I can fill an application out and give them a copy of my Resume.

I also filled an application out for the Sutter country One Stop( Which aids in job searching ) and at an employment agency. I frequent Monster.com from time to time and I got a number to call for a work disability placement services whom I plan on using. After all I am disabled so I might as well soak in the benefits

The only problem here is that this place/city I always seem to need to go is 10 miles away. And that's a long ways away to a family who struggles with Gas and Finances. But I am dead set on finding a job. I'm determined and I won't let that stop me. I have a bike. I've biked there before( Granted it took me two hours ) but that doesn't matter. People who just sit there arses at home hoping for someone to hand them a job on a silver platter won't get anywhere. It's the people who get out there and make it happen. They are the ones who rank in the benefits. That is exactly why I am prepared to bike 20 miles a day into the city. Plus I get to be away from my home and my psychotic family. That's always good

So to sum up a rather long and unneeded speech.....I will get to Portland. Even if I have to sneak on a train, eat nothing but tree bark and sleep outside like a dog. I'll be there

well after being outdoors near the beach playing handball for six hours, I realized that I really need to get a base tan going on. I was BURNT when I got home. It was only like 63 outside but the sun was strong. Today is 78 and I wish i was out on the courts but I need to give my skin a break. Perhaps some fake and bake or just going out in intervals so that the sun won't bother my skin.

I need to shed away bf, being leaner in the summertimes is always better, it feels better, looks better.....

Need to make arrangements to rent a bicycle so I can ride everyday with the crew.

• 1 month later...