Monavie

veggieprincess

Those who have seen my posts over the past year, may have noticed some new links in my signature line for a new company I am involved with, so I thought this would be a perfect section to talk about why I got involved with Monavie.

For those of you who don't know, Monavie is an Acai fruit blend that has 19 fruits. It's primary ingredient is Acai berry. Monavie owns a patented freeze dried process that allows the berry to retain the maximum amount of anti-oxidants available in the berry. Anti-oxidants prevent and destroy free-radicals in our bodies (the stuff that makes us old before our time )

THE MAIN REASON I GOT INVOLVED was that after Day 4 on the juice, my skin was absolutely glowing. Some may remember that for months all I did was complain about the condition of my skin. Well, since taking Monavie my skin has been absolutely glowing and gorgeous.

The 2nd thing I experienced was a ton of energy and mental clarity. I just feel more alert and focused when I take it.

Other things that people have experienced are improved sleep, vivid dreams, less joint pain and ease of movement to name a few.

The reason they chose 19 fruits were to give the juice the maximum anti-oxidant properties available to benefit us. Years of research went into making the best blend of anti-oxidants available.

The other thing I like is that Monavie helps protect the Rainforest. How? Poachers illegally chop down thousands of Acai palm trees a week to extract the palm, destroying the entire tree in the process. Monavie is increasing the demand to HARVEST the berry instead of chopping down the tree, thus helping the environment and preserving the trees of our fragile rainforest.

Finally there's the financial aspect. This is NOT why I became a distributor. I just wanted to drink it at wholesale, BUT... all I can say is there are people making some serious income with Monavie. Every day 6,000 new distributors sign up with Monavie and it is googled 8,500 times a day.

If you'd like to find out more about the company, please visit one of my websites or send me a PM.

Finally, many Direct Sales companies are met with a certain amount of skepticism, so having said that...I'd be happy to address any and all concerns you may have, but I just would hope anyone who felt strongly opposed to the company would do so in a respectful manner, since Robert did create this section so all of our community members could talk about the companies they are involved with and we could support each other's businesses if we choose to do so

Thanks!!!

How much is it? Does it taste good?

It's not cheap. I didn't want to like it so much because it's not an inexpensive product by any means. But that's why I became a distributor. To get it at wholesale and take advantage of the business opportunity so I can eventually be drinking it for free

And to answer your other question, the taste is delicious.

FYI, here is an article from a woman who did a cost comparison on what it would cost to try to make a Monavie blend on your own... this is not taking into consideration the ORAC value and other things that provide a quality product:

People who don't understand what MonaVie is are quick

to label it "an overpriced juice with a slick

marketing campaign," but they're making snap

judgments and have not taken the time to really

examine the product in detail, nor have they compared

it with other nutraceuticals on the market.

I was at the health food store today and I decided to

price the acai juice and compare it with the price of

Mona Vie. I also priced the liquid glucosamine and the

celadrin, because I think it is significant to

consider the cost of having to buy those two items

separately as opposed to having them already contained

in your acai berry complex. I also took into

consideration that the healthfood store sells pure

acai, without the synergistic blend of other fruit

juices.

In addition, I compared the price of acai juice to the

price of noni juice. I did this for my own benefit so

I could have a clear understanding the dollar value of

a bottle of Mona Vie.

1 750 ml bottle Mona Vie Original $32.00

1 750 ml bottle Mona Vie Active $37.00

750 Milliliters = about 25 Fluid Ounces

Each bottle of Mona Vie is just over 25 oz ($1.28 per

oz for the Original and $1.48 per oz for the Active).

If that seems like a lot, consider the fact that

people walk into Nature's Way Cafe and shell out $3.00

for an ounce of wheatgrass without batting an eye.

32 oz bottle acai $23.99 (.75 cents per oz)

16 oz bottle noni $12.99 (.81 cents per oz)

32 oz bottle noni $22.99 (.72 cents per oz)

8 oz liquid glucosamine $12.59 ($1.57 per oz)

16 oz liquid glucosamine $26.99 ($1.67 per oz)

30 oz liquid glucosamine $39.99 ($1.33 per oz)

32 oz liquid glucosamine $45.99 ($1.44 per oz)

120 capsules celadrin $26.29 (.22 cents per capsule)

90 softgels celadrin $23.79 (.26 cents per softgel)

The recommended daily dose of liquid glucosamine is

1/4 oz., which is equivalent to 1.5 teaspoons, and the

daily dosage of celadrin is three capsules daily

(though, I'm not sure of the exact milligrams that

should be in each capsule). I assume the two daily

ounces of Mona Vie contains the appropriate amount of

each factor.

So, a daily dose of Mona Vie Active costs $1.48 x 2 =

$2.96. If you had to buy everything separately, it

would cost $1.50 for the acai, about $3.00 for the

liquid glucosamine, and then another .48 cents for the

celadrin, for a total daily cost of $4.98. By drinking

Mona Vie, you save $2.02 per day, or about $60 bucks a

month. Plus, you get the benefit of the other

synergistically beneficial fruits.

The reason I made the noni price comparison was to

find out if acai and noni are comparable pricewise. If

you shop at the healthfood store, an ounce of noni is

about .77 cents, compared to an ounce of acai, which

is about .75 cents per ounce. Overall, noni is

slightly more expensive, and yet it's a big craze and

people are not deterred by the price of noni.

Therefore, no one selling Mona Vie should feel they

need to apologize in any way for the cost of the

product, because it's well worth the price when you

break it down and consider the value of its unique

blend of ingredients.

Also, nobody makes any money by shopping at the

healthfood store! Take it from an avid healthfood

store shopper like myself, they'll faster go into

debt!

Sharon M. Cedrone Martin, BA, LMT, CNMT

Certified Neuromuscular Therapist

Your body is like a horse your soul rides on this journey of life... treat

it with compassion.

I've heard lots about acai berry and how awesome it is. I have crappy skin too, it would rock to try some of this stuff! Unless it's like $50 a bottle or something, then I'll have to pass O.o

It is not inexpensive Marcina. However, before Monavie I was spending alot of money for high priced skincare products that I simply don't need anymore AND I like the idea of nourishing my skin from the inside out. Also, some women use the Gel Packs as a face mask and I've heard great things about using it for that.

Do you have breakouts? My very inexpensive treatment for breakouts and acne is Salicylic Acid. I found it at the .99 cent store and its the only thing that made my acne disappear

either did I.

The acne products that contained sacylic acid never worked for me because it was too small of an amount. Wasn't until I started buying Sacylic Acid by itself that my face cleared up immediately. Now I use sacylic acid everyday mixed with a little organic coconut oil... and then I take the Monavie to make it glow from the inside out

• 2 weeks later...

monavie active has shellfish in it.

I won a bottle at a race expo and was drinking a few ounces a day before my marathon in feb and really like the taste. Didn't see on the label that there was shellfish junk in it till I was throwing away the bottle.

I won a bottle at a race expo and was drinking a few ounces a day before my marathon in feb and really like the taste. Didn't see on the label that there was shellfish junk in it till I was throwing away the bottle.

You got your hands on the OLD formula.

All of their newer formulas have plant derived glucosamine. That is why I started promoting it more... because they switched all of their Active formula over to plant-derived Glucosamine. All of the bottles that I've received from the company over the past 2 months have been the new formula.

The switch has only happened in the past few months, so hopefully all of the previous stock of that formula will be gone soon. Give it another shot. It truly has done wonders for me and for others.

• 1 year later...

You got your hands on the OLD formula.

All of their newer formulas have plant derived glucosamine. That is why I started promoting it more... because they switched all of their Active formula over to plant-derived Glucosamine. All of the bottles that I've received from the company over the past 2 months have been the new formula.

The switch has only happened in the past few months, so hopefully all of the previous stock of that formula will be gone soon. Give it another shot. It truly has done wonders for me and for others.

Greetings veggieprincess! I want to know will their newer formula(s) consist of any products and/or by-products that will violate the our vegan code of ethics?