Protein + carbs & protein + fats

What do you think about those meal combinations.

The purpose of it is to get insulin under control, as they say if you have all day protein + carbs meals your gonna become insulin insensitive, but if you add 2-3 meals of protein + fat along with 2-3 meals of protein + carbs you're gonna get insulin under control, make your body better insulin sensitive so when you eat a meal that is combined of protein + carbs it will gonna be better absorbed in cells and when you eat protein + fats then it will also give you energy but burn the body's fat.

So in the end you are getting bigger muscles with minimal fat gain.

This seems like too complex for nothing. Eating is supposed to be pleasant, while also bringing all the nutrients the body need.

When I'm watching how I combine food, it's for optimal digestivity. So protein with greens (no carbs or fat), and carbs, greens, fats can be together... so it's the exact opposite of what you mentionned, which is all about raising insulin; protein + carbs( especially refined simple carbs) makes the highest raise of insulin possible. I've read carbs + fat is pretty high too, then it's carbs alone.

Carbs+fat will encourage storing bodyfat, but only if your other meals are high in bad sugars, or protein+carbs...

The type of carbs matter. White flour and sugar have a different effect on your insulin levels compared with leafy greens or whole grains.

If you really want to understand the effects of different foods on your insulin levels, I highly recommend the book "How Fat Works."

The type of carbs matter. White flour and sugar have a different effect on your insulin levels compared with leafy greens or whole grains.

If you really want to understand the effects of different foods on your insulin levels, I highly recommend the book "How Fat Works."

You have to buy this, heh, NOOT But thanks on your reply, both.

I'm reading something about it and more and more I'm disliking that approach.

You said that you were reading something. My questions pertain to the reading material that is giving you your theory of food combining for fat control. I don't understand your last post as it answers none of the questions that I asked of you.

You have to buy this, heh, NOOT :) But thanks on your reply, both.

I don't really want to nitpick, but one of my pet peeves is people using the term Carbs to mean only starchy carbs. Greens are carbs, fruit is carbs, bottom line is everything is carbs out side of Fat and protein, and for a vegan diet, everything you eat has some carbs in it, unless it is pure fat products.

I totally believe in food combinations for satisfation, nutrition and fat loss. The perfect combination for me was different than now when I was a meat eater, But when I became a vegetarian I had to change that up and it was trial and error for a few months but found that if I ate 60% carbs, 25% protein and 15% fat, I could still lose fat and gain muscle. Of course I have to keep my calories in check too. Calories is still the #1 Key.

Combinding all three energy sources in every meal which include fiber obviously keeps a persons blood sugar level even, keeps a person feeling less hungry which come primarily from the fat and protein, and also provides all the necessary nutrients for a healthy body and mind. But the percentage breakdown is different for different people depending on their metabolisms, so my diet my not be perfect for the person next to me.