From Fort Myers

Pastor Riddle

I have been involved off and on in the vegan dietary plan for about five years. I take a Biblical and practical view. I am teaching my congregation about Daniel and his friends' choice of vegetables over wine and meat in Daniel 1 tonight.

I do not take the vegan position from a political or ethical (toward animals) standpoint but I do find I have much in common with those who do, from a health standpoint.

I am interested in getting back involved in body training again. I welcome any body training advice or if anyone lives near Ft. Myers Florida that is on this forum please let me know.

I was 267 pounds and 5'10 in October of last year. I am still 225 (about fifty five pounds overweight) and am almost 39. Most of my weight loss was from 21 days of all raw and a couple of one week spiritual fasts. I would ask that people would pray for me that I can be a good example to my flock as I tell them the benefits of veganism and the problems w/ the drug industry.

In Christ

Welcome, Pastor Riddle!

Great to hear of a vegan in christian community! Let us know if you have any conserns regarding training, nutrition or anything related. You've lost a lot of excess body weight and we'll help you to get rid of the rest as well!

Hope you enjoy your stay!

Welcome to the group, Pastor Riddle!!! Despite the "Jesus ate fish" arguments that people try to give me, I think veganism and Christianity really go hand in hand (in much the same way that veganism fits into nearly any compassion-based religion or way of life). I look forward to learning about your persective on this relationship. In fact, if you'd like, I think it would be cool if you started a thread on the topic.

Mike

Welcome Pastor Riddle. Great to have you here and was touching to hear of your spiritual cleanse and weight loss. There's lots of info on the current threads and whatever you don't see or cannot find on a search, please start a thread to ask.

It's great that you tie in religion to food; though I never studied the Essene Gospels, there is a fairly large following of raw foodists that claim it shows them this is the proper way to govern their dietary lifestyle (I learned of these writings during my stay at http://www.treeoflife.nu under Gabriel Cousens).

Hope your words get through to your audience and looking forward to having you here!