Kombucha: acid or alkaline forming?

andesuma

Ok raw fooders, enzyme gurus, and proper PH balanced athletes;

here is my question:

I know fermented foods tend to be more acidic to the body,

producing more acid. But, is Kombucha this way as well?

The reason I ask is because I tend to drink some after going to the gym,

so I know I need something alkaline forming...

Anyhow, any thoughts?

I know it claims to be alkaline forming.

But, really, most any fruit or fruit juice is alkaline. Green juices especially.

Easiest and fastest is a glass of lemon water to quickly alkalinize you.

Even though it is an "acidic" fruit, it is only acidic in the mouth (which is why it is notorious for being harsh on the teeth); however, it is alkaline in the body. This is why many people consume a glass of lemon water first thing in the morning and/or 15-20 minutes before a meal (besides it being a "cleanser" and a purported appetite suppressant).

I like kombucha and drink it on occasion; there are some yummy flavors out there. I like the GTS brand, especially the new green one with Chlorella and Spirulina. Not sure if its claimed benefits are true. Do you take it for any particular reason?

I know it claims to be alkaline forming.

But, really, most any fruit or fruit juice is alkaline. Green juices especially.

Easiest and fastest is a glass of lemon water to quickly alkalinize you.

Even though it is an "acidic" fruit, it is only acidic in the mouth (which is why it is notorious for being harsh on the teeth); however, it is alkaline in the body. This is why many people consume a glass of lemon water first thing in the morning and/or 15-20 minutes before a meal (besides it being a "cleanser" and a purported appetite suppressant).

I like kombucha and drink it on occasion; there are some yummy flavors out there. I like the GTS brand, especially the new green one with Chlorella and Spirulina. Not sure if its claimed benefits are true. Do you take it for any particular reason?

Ah, yes that is usually the brand I buy as well. The green one is one of my

favorites! Also, Gingerade & Synergy.

No particular reason really, I usually cannot obtain a wheatgrass shot

after or before workouts, and I usually like something I can sip on

during my drive home in girdlock traffic.

So, Kombucha tends to be one of the only raw options I can find..

I do drink lemon water frequently, especially in the mornings

I just bought a bottle of this at my local health store and it is some amazing stuff; I think I am addicted. I am converging onto a raw diet all the time. I was at around 75% until I went on vacation, where it all went to hell. Now that I am back, I am determined to become more raw again and knowing that there is a raw drink as yummy as kombucha is heartening. Giving up my teas (coffee I am basically over) is going to be hard, but having a kombucha now and then will be helpful.