Hybrid Fruits.

So, I was curious about all the rawies thoughts on hybrid fruits.

Do you avoid them, or not?

For further clarification, hybrid fruits are pretty rampent in main stream

grocery stores. They are fruits that are (by my taste buds) 100times

sweeter than they are naturally suppose to be, & they typically have no seeds.

I have been coming to a turning point over the past several months,

that my body is rejecting them(bananas, grapes).

And I can honestly say they never made

me feel good in general. Maybe because I come from a background of

having hypoglycemia...

I bring this subject up because lately while shopping (@ New Seasons)

I have found a number of unwanted hybrid fruits in my tote bags!

(I couldn't tell until I cut them open.) Apples with no seeds, no cores.

What are we doing to our fruit?

This is one thing that makes me question some fruitarian logic,

because our fruit today is not the same as our fruit was a thousand years ago. It is depleted, just like all veggies are as well. Because our

soil is not clean.

I frequently get organic pears that are not gmo, straight from my uncle's garden, they are not nearly as sweet, but they don't make me feel any better than a regular pear.

I'm not raw, but I don't avoid hybrid stuff, I get the best I can and don't worry too much about it.

You honestly can't avoid hybrid fruits unless you live in a rainforest. Everything(nearly) is hybridized. Even if its wasn't done in a lab its still done by man even if it were a couple hundred or even thousand years ago.

Although this might be tipping the scale of wacko raw foodism, I think there is a superiority among the fruits that retain the original "blood lines". The cross breading for sweetness and removal of bitterness is likely a slow elimination of vitamins which are typically bitter. An example of this is the almost complete absence of B17 in fruits and vegetables except for in seeds. I had an "ancient apple" the other day at my co-op, it was a ridiculous price per pound, but I had to try it. It was still sweet, but it also had a stronger bite to the flavor. Interesting.

Anyone got some property in the area? Let's start a co-op garden ASAP! I will donate a fig tree!

Yeah, I know anthoycyanins in apples are supposed to be bitter (well, I think), so the more bitter your apple, likely the more of those, and many other phytochemicals, it likely has. Many compounds in wild plants which help them to survive are extremely healthy phytochemicals, and the cultivation has reduced the presence of some a great deal as a trade-off for greater yields and sweeter flavor. Or so I have been told.

I do think in terms of environmental concerns all hybrids aren't all that great as who knows what they may do in the future as some prevent future growth of other plants but in terms of nutrient value I think they are probably just as good but with different nutrient profiles(a bit more of one thing...a bit less of another). So long as they are organically grown I think they should be equally nutrient dense but maybe more in one thing than another.