Here are a list of my recipes on Nutrition MD

Veganluv

Do tell.

I may try the canelli bean and kale recipe first.

I may try all of them now that i know the author.

My big beef with many vegan cookbooks is:

1. No calorie information and if it is included it doesn't tell you the portions. I can figure that out of myself but it is an inconvenience and I don't see why I should have to do it since there is free nutrition counting software to be had off of the web.

2. Too many calories for too little protein. The books that don't have this problem tend to have really bland recipes, being extreme in applying the health principals of the book. I don't like the vegan cookbooks that use a gallon of oil to cook a single carrot, but OTOH if 1/3 of a teaspoon of oil or 1/4 tsp of salt can make a healthy dish rock, I will go for it.

In general, I think the PCRM has good taste in picking out recipes that balance taste, health and calories. They also tend to use natural ingredients. I liked the recipes in their "Turning Off The Fat Gene" book so much I bought a copy of Jennifer Raymond's Fat Free And Easy which is where they came from.

I agree,

I just bought a program that gives all the nutritional info for every food, recipe etc. Im excited to rewrite my cookbooks! Im going to combine it with Veganic gardening...

I'm thinking about buying the The Conscious Cook cookbook- too much fat from some of the recipe's Ive seen but I can switch it up.