BodhiDave85 is back..in Boulder, CO!

BodhiDave85

Just wanted to reintroduce myself, as I have been away from you guys for almost a year

This can be explained because I was in a huge transition in my life.

I am 24 year old MAN, 4 years of no meat, 2 years no dairy. I eat pretty clean, but I do eat alot of cooked food...I really try hard not to cook things that dont need to be heated.. Raw Foodism fascinates me, but scares my ego.

I am now in Boulder, CO studying/transferring at Naropa University( a buddhist-inspired college).

My degree is called Contemplative Psychology with a track in Health and Healing (BA)

Boulder is absolutely fantastic, almost every restaurant caters to veg*ns.

Naropa is the perfect school for me and the students/teachers are some of the most interesting people Ive ever met!

One of my teachers is Brigette Mars, a local Raw Foods Celebrity. I adore her to death!!

Although, my nutrition teacher(former vegan and Naturopath) is promoting meat and dairy hardcore!!! He constantly berates veganism, saying it will cause a limp dick, result in no energy, imparied brain function, miscarriges, etc etc etc. He is one of the reasons Ive come back to this site, because I am need support in proving him wrong while properly educating my class. Also planning on starting a Vegan Club next semester, and would love to get some of ya'll as guest speakers!

Id also love to meet up with any locals, so please leave a message if you are nearby!

Hope you guys didnt miss me too much!

Hey Bodhidave,

Great to hear from and about you.

We have a score to settle.

My daughter and familily live in Longmont, and have told me about Boulder.

Probably go and visit next summer instead of having the grandkids come here.

Be cool to meat up.

Tell your teacher from me, a 55 year old vegan for 3 and 1/2 years, everything is still rock solid.

He probably suffers from an impodent problem and need something besides his own head to blame it on.

That's like one cool School!

I am now in Boulder, CO studying/transferring at Naropa University( a buddhist-inspired college).

My degree is called Contemplative Psychology with a track in Health and Healing (BA)

Boulder is absolutely fantastic, almost every restaurant caters to veg*ns.

That sounds spectacular. I am happy for you.

Although, my nutrition teacher(former vegan and Naturopath) is promoting meat and dairy hardcore!!! He constantly berates veganism, saying it will cause a limp dick, result in no energy, imparied brain function, miscarriges, etc etc etc. He is one of the reasons Ive come back to this site, because I am need support in proving him wrong while properly educating my class.

There is the American Dietetic Association's Position Paper On Vegetarianism

http://www.eatright.org/cps/rde/xchg/ada/hs.xsl/advocacy_933_ENU_HTML.htm

You could also encourage him to get a copy of Becoming Vegan which was written by several of the coauthors of the ADA paper( who are vegans and mothers )

http://www.eatright.org/cps/rde/xchg/ada/hs.xsl/advocacy_933_ENU_HTML.htm

It is amazing that an educator could be so ignorant.

Spend your tuition money elsewhere other than this man's class.

Edited by beforewisdom

Great to see you back on here! I was wondering what you were up to.

Dude, I just met Brigette Mars! I met her daughter Rainbow too. Brigette and I were both presenters at the 2009 Raw and Living Spirit Festival in Portland last weekend.

Tell her you know Robert, the fitness guy from the Raw and Living Spirit Festival. She seems awesome!

Welcome back!