IGN gives out another 10!

Troy

Impressive! This is turning out to be a hell of a year for gamers.

Well put. I've been in a lull with my PS3 since its release, then came GTA IV, Gran Turismo Prologue, and now this. Lucky enough I had the Wii to hold me over.

I second that! PS3 cost's too much for just one game.

77,208 people seem to think differently...

June 17, 2008 - Metal Gear Solid 4 broke records in its first week of sales in Japan, quickly becoming the best selling PS3 title yet over there.

Famitsu.com reports that the game sold 476,334 units over its first few days of release. This figure is split across all variations of the game, including the standard edition, the special edition, and the two hardware bundles.

MGS4 caused quite the boost for PlayStation 3 hardware sales. While the system was struggling to reach 10,000 units in a given week, MGS4 caused a sales spike to 77,208 units. -IGN

It's ok but I wouldn't give it a ten. It's a little different and the imagery is decent but no split-screen co-op and the interaction with environment still lacks a little. It's playable for sure for a while but it's not perfect...

It's ok but I wouldn't give it a ten. It's a little different and the imagery is decent but no split-screen co-op and the interaction with environment still lacks a little. It's playable for sure for a while but it's not perfect...

I just finished Act 2 and I have to agree. Interaction with parts of the environment are a bit weak, none-the-less its visually stunning and more of a movie then a game imo.

I am worried that I won't enjoy it as much as MGS3. This happened with DMC4. DMC3 is my favourite game right now, I picked up DMC4, and there were dozens of reasons why it didn't live up to the legend. GTA4 is kinda cool, obviously way better than previous installments, but it hasn't blown me away. Way too much hype, it still comes down to basically the same gameplay as the previous games, with a more realistic driving engine and better aiming. So I am kind of burnt out regarding next gen right now. But I am still interested in seeing MGS4.