One more pea in a pod

HCPinGviini

Oh well, hi. I'm a beginner bodybuilder from Finland and have been vegan for four years now. Thought I'm not the best kind of advert to veganism, since I'm pretty skinny (5'9" and 123 lb). So therefore I have decided to make a change in that and I'm here to get some ideas about nutrition and weightlifting.

It's not just about looking good, though nothing looks as good as well-trained muscles. But the whole point is to feel good and gain some (massive!) strength into my skinny, tiny arms and legs. I have been in a gym before and done some weightlifting regularly and I did get some muscles back then, but now there're gone and I'd like to get them back - bigger and better.

Currently I don't train at a gym but I train at home traditional push-ups, sit-ups, squats and such. And I have two 3kg (~6lb?) dumb-bells here, but they're not really helping that much.

(I got hooked up to this forum after I saw some good-looking women and men posting here and I just had to register. )

Okay, not just for that.

Welcome!

I hope you can get to a gym or perhaps acquire higher weights, a barbell and a bench at home. 3 kg will not build much mass, unfortunately. There are some things you can do with your body weight, however, and I think there may be a thread on that topic somewhere on the board...........

Welcome!

I hope you can get to a gym or perhaps acquire higher weights, a barbell and a bench at home. 3 kg will not build much mass, unfortunately. There are some things you can do with your body weight, however, and I think there may be a thread on that topic somewhere on the board...........

(Hard to write with a cat on my chest...)

Well I'm heading to the gym, I'm just warming up my muscles for now. And also building up my courage and knowledge about weightlifting.

(just as hard to write with a bird digging its claws into your exposed shoulder)

Welcome my friend. If you had them before, they will be that much easier to get back. Muscle memory baby! I didn't know how true it was until i experienced my quick growth when i resumed training not too long ago. Everything came back so quickly (hard work helps of course). I had burned off all my muscle and it just came back like it never left. Agreed with DV, get crackin with some weights or a gym, they'll make a world of a difference.

(I got hooked up to this forum after I saw some good-looking women and men posting here and I just had to register. )

Okay, not just for that.

Haha, love the humor, buddy. Welcome to the forum, and I'm in the same boat as you. 6'1"-6'2" and 138 when I started rather recently. I just weighed in at an average 145. You got my butt rooting for yours.

Thank you all. And hi to you too, tuc. Maybe some day I will. Now I'm just too skinny and have too much bf to post any pics just yet.

And again the cat came on my lap just as I started to write this post.

... And now she fell asleep.

I'm happy that my humor is understandable, even though I'm not used to joke around in english. Or maybe I just worry too much, as usually...

I'm happy that my humor is understandable, even though I'm not used to joke around in english. Or maybe I just worry too much, as usually...

I always get a kick out of mixing up jokes between cultures and languages. It's a challenge sometimes. One of my favorite jokes in another language I use often is about a guy who's trying to pass his boat under a bridge. The bridge won't open up, so he goes to the operator and writes, "Please but!" Makes absolutely NO sense in English whatsoever, but it's HYSTERICAL if you understand it.

So I mix up jokes between cultures on purpose and get weird expressions from people for fun.

Hi and Welcome!

Bodyweight training is excellent to get a good start before lifting more heavy weights, it's gonna built you some endurance and strenght very useful for gaining size afterwards.

If you don't join a gym very soon, try to get 2 dumbells of 10lbs in the meantime, I found that amount of weight is ideal for most exercises.