I'm ready! Let's do this!

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Things are still about the same, though I am a little more motivated to change my ways soon! We're definitely going to start a fruit and fruit juice cleanse soon as we get done with the cooked foods in the next few days!

We did go shopping a couple days ago, but only to pick up some good deals from Cost Cutter's 1 day produce sale! We bought 10 pounds of Bartlett pears for .38 a pound and 10 pounds of Beefsteak tomatoes for .48 a pound (I think, it was a couple days ago but I know it was pretty cheap). They usually have 10 pound or more sales, so buying in bulk gets you discounts, and when they have produce that cheap you just can't help but take advantage of it! lol. Also, they have (for the whole week) ORGANIC avocados for .98 each, and they are not as small as the non-organic ones we've been buying! We picked up 10 of them, just have to let them ripen up some.

So, we probably have 2 meals of rice left, and a frozen Amy's Pizza with a rice crust (my husband and I couldn't pass it up and just HAD to try it before we start our cleanse it's amazing what they can do with rice now, and definitely good for those who wish to avoid wheat/gluten! ). We still have about 2 boxes of fresh apples (holding up well in the fridge!), tomatoes, Bartlett pears, 6 big zucchini, and 10 avocados. I still don't crave variety, so...yeah.

We've used up our pepper, and are not buying anymore, so we just have to deal with it! The garlic is used up too, and as much as my husband likes to eat them raw (ugh!), I think it's better that we avoid it. We're still using sea salt and cayenne pepper to season our foods, but will stop doing so during the cleanse.

We stopped by the library 2 days ago. I guess we got a bit inspired. I picked up 6 books: Fitness Weight Training, Weight Training For Dummies, Workouts With Weights, Acupressure's Potent Points, Acupressure & Reflexology For Dummies, and The Art Of Getting Well. (Yes, I'm a dummy! Well, I'll admit I'm a dummy when it comes to subjects I don't fully know about!) My husband got 2 books, The Color Code and The Medicine Meditation. We're both learning from each other's books, though, as we keep talking about what we read about. lol. I don't know if he's wanting to do any weight exercises, but I definitely need ideas and inspiration, so I had to get those books at least for myself! As far as the acupressure books, we both have been interested in acupressure (though not so much of acupuncture I fear needles!). Looks like we've got a LOT to read about! Anyway...

October 14, 2008

Breakfast: 2 cups of apple/orange juice

Lunch: raw zucchini pasta with a tomato puree & fruit pulp sauce

Dinner: cooked rice with a tomato puree & fruit pulp sauce

Snack: 2 cups of apple/orange juice

Exercise: 2 mile walk

October 15, 2008

Lunch: raw zucchini pasta with a tomato puree & fruit pulp sauce

Exercise: 4 mile walk

October 16, 2008

Lunch: cooked rice with a tomato puree & fruit pulp sauce

October 17, 2008

Breakfast: 2 cups of apple/tomato juice

Dinner: raw zucchini pasta with a tomato puree & fruit pulp sauce

Snack: 2 cups of apple/tomato juice

cayenne pepper and garlic are awesome for your health! Don't give up using them. They help promote blood flow, boost your immune system, and produce a thermogenic effect on the body. Plus, they add enjoyment to your food!

Well, even though they are promoted as good foods, some sites I've been reading up on beg to differ and say they cause harm. So, we think it's best to avoid them. Besides, we have some reasons of our own for not wanting to continue using them. And if we can't enjoy our food without them, obviously our food is the problem...not to mention my husband's bad garlic breath...ugh!

Glad to see you still hanging in there, despite ups and downs. I think that progress is like that, never totally equal. But perseverance in the long run is what counts. . . the determination to keep moving forward no matter what.

Great to have you back!!

Are you using whole grain rice or white rice? May I suggest using spelt instead? It's more filling with more nutrients!

White rice. I know...bad move. But one of our neighbors that lives in one of the apartment rooms nearby keeps giving away food to everyone...I'm guessing they get it from a food bank or something...because we've been given canned foods and breads and such...though we turned around and gave most of what we won't eat to a homeless couple on the side of the road. We only kept the rice and a few other things because we're the kinda people that feel bad if we give away ALL of what someone gave us (heck, I felt bad about having to throw away the bread and canned foods until my husband suggested giving it to the homeless couple we saw on the side of the road). I guess we just think of how we'd feel if someone got rid of something we gave them out of kindness. Though, my husband and I agreed that after this, if we get any more from them, we'll just keep giving it all to the homeless couple on the side of the road (heck, they seem nice, and we feel sorry for them and wish there was more we could do to help). Gosh, this town is so friendly!

I honestly have never tried spelt. Though, after this, we're not gonna eat grains much anymore. We're gonna stick mainly to a fruit diet, with some vegetables and nuts.

Glad to see you still hanging in there, despite ups and downs. I think that progress is like that, never totally equal. But perseverance in the long run is what counts. . . the determination to keep moving forward no matter what.

*nods* Yep, I agree! It takes a LOT to make a change, and we've got to show ourselves that we can make that change!

Things got a little rocky today, and well...my husband and I have BOTH got an everlasting memory from it. Well, let's just say we're more motivated to completely change our ways (not just as far as what we eat, but nearly EVERYTHING)...and uhhh, we won't need haircuts anytime soon. Long story short...we had emotional conversations, lots of crying and pain, and then he cut all his hair off (I still have NO idea what was going through his mind! all his long beautiful hair! ) and I was going to follow right along with him, but stopped right at shoulder-length (he stopped me before I went too far like he did). Ah well...this was probably one of the most emotional conversations we've ever had, we got a LOT off our chests today, and we feel better about it...for the most part! Though, I haven't had my hair this short in many years (and only because my mom always got my hair cut that short, even though I always hated it), so when I looked in the mirror afterwards, I cried and started saying that I looked ugly. So yeah, we both ended up having a LOT of emotional time together today, and a LOT of stuff to talk about. And well, besides our diets, his main goal is to be more calmer during our emotional talks and my main goal is to not get as easily upset and to stop dwelling on the past (we'll be working on that with meditation and exercise). So, yeah...anyway...

October 18, 2008

Snack: Bartlett pear

Snack: avocado

Things are going better today. I feel VERY self-conscious and worried about how me and my husband both look (we went to a few stores today, and I could feel my heart beating harder and I was sweating easily). Those bad haircuts didn't do us much good, but we're slowly getting better about all this. (Even though I feel like a damn Oompa Loompa with such short hair and a chubby face! Grrr... ) We've been reading deeply about meditation, and I'm going to get into the weight training books tomorrow (I just finished The Art Of Getting Well), so we're preparing for the meditating and exercises that we'll do during the cleanse. We have probably 1 more day of cooked food before doing the cleanse, and then we'll do the cleanse for however long we feel we need to. Anyway...

October 19, 2008

Dinner: fried zucchini & fruit pulp patties with fresh tomato slices on top (we were getting tired of raw zucchini )

Snack: fried zucchini chips & fries (lol, great potato chips and fries alternative! )

Things are going much better today. I did a little crying, then got determined to do some exercising! My husband started meditating, but I haven't yet. I'm focusing on trying to reach my goal weight first, which is my main problem and concern. We also got into reading about Tai Chi and Qi Gong online, and are wanting to pick up books on them next time we go to the library (along with some Yoga books), and we'll look for DVDs of them, too. As for the cleanse, my husband and I decided we will officially start it on the 1st of next month (11 days away). Anyway...

October 20, 2008

Lunch: fried zucchini & fruit pulp patties with fresh tomato slices on top

Snack: fried zucchini chips & fries

Dinner: Amy's Pizza (spinach pizza with rice crust)

October 21, 2008

Lunch: bowl of fruit pulp with avocado mixed in

Dinner: sunflower seeds

Snack: 1 big tomato

Exercise: 4 mile walk & 30 minutes of weight-lifting exercises

Things have been a bit busy for us, as we're preparing to start the cleanse and are reading up on exercises and such to do during the cleanse. I was watching a Shakira music video on Youtube the other day, and it reminded me how I used to want to try belly dancing. I was like "Damn, if only I can do that, I bet I could not only lose weight more easily, but also get in better shape and tone my stomach!" lol. So, I brought up the idea to my husband, who kinda wasn't sure at first (I wouldn't blame him, what with belly dancing getting such a bad rap and all), but once I read up about the health benefits of it he was ok with it. So now I need to see about getting books and/or videos about that as well so I can learn it.

Also, my husband had another seizure on the night of the 22nd. I had no idea what the cause was, as the only thing we have really been doing differently is that we had a bag of pistachios that day (we just read that pistachios and peanuts contain glutamine and can help cause seizures, so I guess that's going on our list of foods not to buy anymore). He later told me that he used the shampoo (which he hadn't touched in a while), and so now we think it must be the wheat protein that's in the shampoo (we already suspected wheat as a problem for him). I have no idea why he felt he needed shampoo anyway, since he recently cut all his hair off. Either way, though, I'm gonna hide the shampoo from him. We're running out of types of shampoo to buy, what with all the bad ingredients many of them have. Anyway...

October 22, 2008

Lunch: tomato

Dinner: bag of pistachios

October 23, 2008

Lunch: sunflower seeds

Dinner: rice pasta and shredded seaweed with organic pasta sauce

Snack: 1 big tomato

Hi hon! I used to be a bellydance teacher! Its really easy to learn and then you just learn more difficult/faster moves as you get better. at first it barely feels like work, but the next day--OUCH your abs huuuurt! In a good way though. There are a lot of decent instructional videos out there to start with. the best ones i have found have been by this set of twins.....Neena and Veena. Its nothing superfancy but its a great jump off point.

As for the Shampoo--Lean and Green swears by this stuff called Morrocan Method. Its vegan and raw and all of its ingredients are compleely natural. It has no detergents, which is good. Unfortunately because it is so natural, I have found that you need to use a lot more of it to make your hair really clean....I have over two feet of hair so its just not economical for me to use it as it is about $20 a bottle....steep, i know. but if he has only a little hair, it may last you a long time and be worth the money.

I hope that helps! youre doing awesome girlie!

Hi hon! I used to be a bellydance teacher! Its really easy to learn and then you just learn more difficult/faster moves as you get better. at first it barely feels like work, but the next day--OUCH your abs huuuurt! In a good way though. There are a lot of decent instructional videos out there to start with. the best ones i have found have been by this set of twins.....Neena and Veena. Its nothing superfancy but its a great jump off point.

As for the Shampoo--Lean and Green swears by this stuff called Morrocan Method. Its vegan and raw and all of its ingredients are compleely natural. It has no detergents, which is good. Unfortunately because it is so natural, I have found that you need to use a lot more of it to make your hair really clean....I have over two feet of hair so its just not economical for me to use it as it is about $20 a bottle....steep, i know. but if he has only a little hair, it may last you a long time and be worth the money.

I hope that helps! youre doing awesome girlie!

Really? Wow! Yeah, I saw some beginner videos with Neena and Veena on Youtube! lol. I also saw some others from Expert Village. Some of the moves look a bit too hard for me, but I'm gonna try! I'm usually too negative on myself and give up too easily, but I've started challenging myself lately.

Hmm. I looked it up, and yeah, it's pretty costly...the brand we have now, we paid about $10-15 for DOUBLE the size of that one. *shrugs* I dunno. My husband's been mostly not using shampoo much lately anyway (except for every once in a while when he feels like it). We researched about it, and shampoos just strip the hair of it's natural oils. He's noticed less oily hair lately when not using shampoo (due to his hair most likely not having to work so hard to provide extra oil to make up for the loss). I'm probably gonna stop using shampoo too after I finish off the bottle we have (either that, or we might learn to make our own, even if we have to mix a new batch each day just to have it fresh, lol).

Well, things went ok today, though we didn't do much. I will hopefully get my butt moving tomorrow and stop being lazy, lol. Anyway...

October 24, 2008

Lunch: rice pasta and shredded seaweed with organic pasta sauce

Dinner: slice of watermelon

Snack: 1 tomato

Well, I just uploaded a new picture of myself for my profile pic. I still think the haircut looks bad, but am trying to focus on the positives of it (since I did it myself it was free and didn't cost me a dime, it's more managable and makes me feel lighter, and it brings about change in my life which thus sets the stage for more change). lol. Seriously, though, I'm still a bit self-conscious about it!

October 25, 2008

October 26, 2008

October 27, 2008

Breakfast: Bartlett pear

October 28, 2008

Breakfast: 1 tomato

Snack: 1 apple

Dinner: 2 apples

October 29, 2008

Dinner: 1 avocado

October 30, 2008

October 31, 2008

Lunch: 1 avocado

Exercise: 1 hour of exercise (30 minutes of it being weight exercises)

Wooh! I just checked my weight the other day, and I'm down to 210 pounds now!

Anyway, I started the fruit cleanse. I'm basically consuming fruit juice, blended fruit, and whole fruits...whatever I feel like. I've recently reduced my food intake (not just due to the cleanse, but also I have not been feeling as hungry and am just trying to listen to what my body wants). As you can see, I'm apparently craving avocados and tomatoes now. I'm also trying to take in at LEAST 4 bottles of water a day (I'm not so used to drinking much water, so I also have tea when needed).

November 1, 2008

Snack: 2 tomatoes

Snack: 1 banana

I'm still not craving much. I've been listening to my body, and have not been feeling overly hungry. (Heck, I got over "needing" to eat just because my husband is eating and I crave what he eats. We can now eat different things and at different times, and I won't want something just because he's having it! lol) I've slowly been trying to drink more water, and it's been hard for me to want to drink more than 1 bottle of water a day (2 bottles on exercise days), so I drank 4 cups of tea tonight to try to help make up for it. Though, I don't really feel dehydrated or anything, so I think I should be ok. I've been feeling more energetic, I have to admit that!

November 3, 2008

Snack: 1 banana

Dinner: 1 orange

Snack: 2 bananas

Exercise: none (time of the month well, at least it's getting better! less bleeding and less painful cramps! )