Good one from McDougall

Paying subsidies so that people can eat tortured animals.

Paying for their hospital care.

Paying for their medicine from drug-pushing giant corporations feeding of peoples desperation.

Paying for animals being tortured so we can come up with more worthless drugs.

Paying less money to eat unsustainably than sustainably.

That's tasteless, IMO.

Let's keep it real.

I didn't think it was tasteless, but that is the type of thing you come to expect from McDougall if you get his newsletters on a regular basis. He's definitely upfront about his beliefs.

Interestingly, when Russert died I heard a lot of sympathy and shock from a number of my co-workers and neighbors - shock that he could have died so young. They all (even the docs and nurses) attributed his death to stress and looked at me like I kicked their dog when I pointed out that his eating habits were probably to blame. It's like no one wants to hear the truth if it means they may have to do some self examination.

They all (even the docs and nurses) attributed his death to stress and looked at me like I kicked their dog when I pointed out that his eating habits were probably to blame. It's like no one wants to hear the truth if it means they may have to do some self examination.

Yeah, it's not people making themselves die, it's EVERYTHING ELSE that is to blame!