Yet ANOTHER person from Portland! ;)

bella

Hello Hello!

I'm new to the boards, so I thought I'd pop by for an intro.

I became vegetarian 12 years ago, stopped wearing flesh shortly after that, and now consider myself vegan-ish for several years now. That means I'm consuming vegan goodness about 90% of the time, including purchasing as much cruelty-free cosmetics/goods as possible. It's pretty easy to live that way here, but can be a bit of a schlep when I travel.

I'm no body builder, but I've been a regular member of gyms since high school. I walk everywhere in this city, so I love to keep moving. I FINALLY got a bike!! Living without a car, you'd think I would've done this years ago.

I love eating healthy, travel, meeting new people, dark chocolate, sarcasm, pretending I can play tennis, inline skating in a vain attempt at not running over idiots on the waterfront, crossword puzzles, music and puppies. Mayhaps submerging myself in a community like this will finally give me some encouragement, since I don't know too many people who actually care about how they treat their bodies.

Nice to meet you all...Cheers!!

I may not show it on the boards, as people tell me i'm different in person than how I appear here but I am one of the most sarcastic peeps you'll ever meet as well. Cool intro and interests. Ride that bicycle. I'm getting a new one tomorrow and so excited about it. My first hard core road bicycle. I can't wait to bring it out to portland and ride this fall....

welcome!

I may not show it on the boards, as people tell me i'm different in person than how I appear here but I am one of the most sarcastic peeps you'll ever meet as well. Cool intro and interests. Ride that bicycle. I'm getting a new one tomorrow and so excited about it. My first hard core road bicycle. I can't wait to bring it out to portland and ride this fall....

welcome!

Thanks!! Are you moving out here??

will be there with thendanisays by the second week of october! Looking forward to it; hope to find work prepping at blossoming lotus. Just spoke to Tim at ARC over here. Hopefully he can help me out....

That's great!! I love Blossoming Lotus...not too far of a walk for me either.