Don't suppose there are any other NYC V-BB members around?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VegannNY, I'll take the train up from Philly to NYC if you want to do a meetup on a weekend. How about next weekend Aug 30 before my semester starts or Sept. 13? The 6th doesn't work for me because it's the first week of classes.

I want to go here. The food is excellent.

Tiengarden Vegan Restaurant

170 Allen Street

New York NY 10002

(212) 388-1364

Hours:

Mon-Sat 12 noon-10pm; closed Sun.

Directions:

1 block south of East Houston; between Rivington & Stanton Streets. F to 2nd Avenue.

Hi VegannNY!

I work in Manhattan and live in Long Island City (Queens). Sounds like a lot of fun to do a meetup.

In addition to those who live in NYC, there are also others who live nearby (Long Island, Westchester, Connecticut, Jersey), too. Plus I'm sure plenty of VBBers come through NYC or plan to someday...?

I guess it's a matter of timing, schedules and that kind of stuff.

What did you have in mind?

Regards,

Paul

VegannNY, I'll take the train up from Philly to NYC if you want to do a meetup on a weekend. How about next weekend Aug 30 before my semester starts or Sept. 13? The 6th doesn't work for me because it's the first week of classes.

I want to go here. The food is excellent.

Tiengarden Vegan Restaurant

170 Allen Street

New York NY 10002

(212) 388-1364

Hours:

Mon-Sat 12 noon-10pm; closed Sun.

Directions:

1 block south of East Houston; between Rivington & Stanton Streets. F to 2nd Avenue.

hey veganmomma

this place is excellent, i love it.

their glutens are extraordinary!

vibe is great, the staff, plus the food is imbibed with tao... so it's an intoxicating experience, well worth the trip.

i'd be into meeting up there, too, not sure cos i work Saturday 11am-7pm then may be leaving town for the rest of the weekend...

but lemme know because i may not be leaving until Sunday morning, so i could possibly join

p

Tiengarden sounds good...it's one of the few vegan places I've not yet been in NYC.

Per dates, I'd be open for suggestions (anything but next weekend....already have Labor Day Plans!)

October 11-12 and 18-19th don't work for me. paul do you work every Saturday?

VegannNY and paulcats02, I can do a Sunday but we'll have to go to another restaurant. Tiengarden is closed on Sundays unless they changed their days/hours of operation. Saturday Sept. 13, 20, or 27th, no?

Tiengarden sounds good...it's one of the few vegan places I've not yet been in NYC.

Per dates, I'd be open for suggestions (anything but next weekend....already have Labor Day Plans!)

October 11-12 and 18-19th don't work for me. paul do you work every Saturday?

VegannNY and paulcats02, I can do a Sunday but we'll have to go to another restaurant. Tiengarden is closed on Sundays unless they changed their days/hours of operation. Saturday Sept. 13, 20, or 27th, no?

hey veganmomma and VegannNY

i do work every saturday; i work in broadcast (video switching) and we are operational 24-7 365 days a year... so nights, weekends, and holidays are all shifts that must be covered.

last year they requested i work sundays instead of saturdays because of football but i'm not sure what will happen this year.

currently, i work tues-thurs 10am-6pm, friday 2pm-10pm and sat 11am-7pm (those are my normal hours; sometimes i'll get stuck beyond them but that isn't too common).

so any saturday after work could work for me.

sundays are possible, too (though on some sundays i have the kids), so maybe a sunday night?

legume know

peas

Why is this so complicated? Ugh!

It takes me 2 1/2 hours one-way, so Sunday evening is out of the question. I need to depart from NY Penn Station by 8:15 pm, 9:15 on Saturday at the lastest to get home by a reasonable hour.

veganmomma

comin up from philly's a big trip compared to meeting up in NYC when you're in NYC or it's surrounding areas... so it's definitely could be more challenging for you (and anyone else that'd be making a long haul up or down or however they come in).

that said, was there any other activities you had in mind, when you visit NYC; like pumping some iron, running, going to a certain shop, area, etc.?

anyhoo, just lemme know time and place you, VegannNY and any other VBB members are thinking of doing the meetup and i'll do my best planning to try to be there, be it leaving work early or dropping the kids off somewhere...

p

hey thanks for the heads up. I haven't read or posted on the boards as I have been home perhaps a total of like 6 out of the last 50 days. Plus my life is ALL over the place right now with the move and all and my wnderful gf and coordinating trips to see each other every weekend. At least i've been hectic for all very good reasons!

Well anyway, I picked up security work at a staffing agency and they promised me 40 hrs a week and as much overtime as i can stand. I figure if i bust out like 70+ hours a week time and a half for overtime all throughout september; I will have a nice chunk of change to assist in a smooth transition to Portland.

I have no idea what or when my hours will be but i'd imagine I won't really be available much if at all. Plan the meetup. Now that i posted here, im sure i'll get notified when you all update this thread and i'll let you know what's up. I find out about my schedule this friday! :

BTW, for meetups all I like to do is *relax,* eat, hangout somewhere, and explore NYC. No place in particular because I don't know much about NYC. I'm not interested in working out. I get enough exercise on my own during the week.

I wouldn't mind seeing Yankee Stadium. Can people go inside YS when there's *not* a game being played? When I was in Pasedena, CA, I went inside the Rose Bowl for a *small* fee. Oh yeah I went to Central Park once. Hey NYC folks, take into consideration that I'm broke.

Fun Passes rule. NYC public transit is way better than Philly. Public transit in this shithole Philly sucks! Philly is boring and sucks in general.

..it's just old, and need repairs, so they'd rather build a new one. It's right next to the old one, and almost finished (looks something like a Yankee Stadium pod-version from invasion of the body snatchers. Actually, it's somewhat more retro in design than the current one. But as soon as it's ready to go, they're tearing down the current one...!)

PS: Yes, fun day passes rule. But what's so terrible about Philly?

Well, definitely post when the meet-up is! I'll be in nyc for a week or two in mid/late october and would love to join y'all.

*I'll definitely be there October 9 and 13/14/15. Outside of that I'll be upstate with the fams.

*update - never mind those dates. The boyfriend can't travel with me then, so we're not sure of the week we'll be there. Well, hopefully it works out.

Edited by VeganDeVil

Well, definitely post when the meet-up is! I'll be in nyc for a week or two in mid/late october and would love to join y'all.
I love southern California.

Take me down to the paradise city

Where the grass is green

And the girls are pretty

Take me home (Oh, won't you please take me home)

HEY! Just saw this thread as I haven't checked in the message boards in a while. I am just about 60 miles North of NYC and would love the opportunity to come in, hang & meet. I'm flexible for anything but, just wanted to throw out a couple of suggestions....

Food wise - something that everyone would like and something for the raw foodies too... http://www.purefoodandwine.com/

Something off the beaten path for 'entertainment' ... Rubin Museum [Tibetan Art] http://www.rmanyc.org

So? Keep it going and lets get this happening!

I agree...we definitely have to set one (or more) meetings up. I would like to go to Pure Food and Wine again--I've been once--though it is admittedly rather expensive. Open for other options, too... Let's get a group together in Sept and/or Oct (so that DeVil can join in, too!!) Hopefully, we can fit in Lean and Green before he moves to Portland...? (FYI, my life gets pretty weird at the end of the quarter, so immediately after Sept 30th wouldn't be too good...)