[help] gift for friend (girl)

nobita

Hello, I am traveling to Europe and my friend is hosting me at her house.

We are only friends from work, and I want to give her a gift as my gratitude.

What do you think is alright to give her? She is around 26

I am afraid of giving something too compromising on her or that could be misunderstood (like a girlfriend gift). We are only friends, but she is doing a big favor to me.

Thanks

Offer to do the dishes and clean house every now and then. She is letting you stay there for a while. The greatest gift you could give her( And it's not exactly the kind of gift just boyfriends give ) would be a helping hand around the house with the chores.

A samurai sword. That cannot be misinterpreted.

Failing that, yeah I'd recommend offering to help out around the house. Maybe a book on something that you know she is interested in? Tell us something more about her so we know what's appropriate for her personally.

I would stay away from perfume or jewelry since I consider that too personal for "just friends". I would suggest a trinket (something she can display on a shelf), a coin purse, tote bag, or an item that is local to your area that she couldn't get anywhere else. I love pelicanandrews idea of a candle or book.

A samurai sword. That cannot be misinterpreted.

Failing that, yeah I'd recommend offering to help out around the house. Maybe a book on something that you know she is interested in? Tell us something more about her so we know what's appropriate for her personally.

I want a sword!! I'll place it in the stairwell next to the front door so that if anyone breaks in they'll know I have ninja skirrs