My Vegan Intro

vivalasvegans

Hi

I am really happy to find what looks like such a supportive vegan workout community! This is quite a unique and cool resource. Congratulations on making such a fabulous thing. This might sound weird, but I first stumbled on this sight a month or two ago when I saw someone wearing a Vegan Bodybuilding t-shirt at my gym and googled it.

I've been vegan for a lot of years. Actually it's probably more accurate to call myself freegan - sort of in old school Food Not Bombs tradition. Also - if my great aunt goes to hours of trouble to make me a casserole that has caseine soy cheese in it, I'm not about to sweat her over it.

Lately I've put on some weight and I'm working on really changing my lifestyle to take it off and keep it off. I'm really glad I found Vegan Bodybuilding. We don't need no Jenny Craig, right?

I'm a Portland female, bike commuter, single at the mo, and pretty committed.

Good to have you on the board. I hope it becomes your online home forum. Lots of supportive people. It's nice you have an aunt who tries to cook vegan for you. My family still really does not get it for the most part. Mom did make a nice rice and bean dish last time I went home though.

Welcome to our group! We have a lot of members form Portland so it could be one of 50 or so owners of Vegan Bodybuilding shirts in the PDX area you saw training.

Thanks for joining our community. All the best and welcome aboard!

Check out the regional section. We do local Portland meet-ups all the time.

Vegans recruit! I think I would like one of those t shirts.

Yup freeganism is cool! It makes sense to be freegan if you have gone vegan for political/economic reasons and/or if you're pretty poor. I've been eating a mostly raw vegan diet all summer except for some frozen vegan patties and good tequila. Idk if Hornitos is considered raw Any opinions? I don't drink the stuff with the worms so I'm pretty sure it's at least vegan.

Thanks for all the welcoms, you guys rock.