Boston Vegan Fitness Meetups

osric

I was thoroughly inspired by the week in the woods in Espoo, so I've started a Vegan Fitness meetup group for Boston-area folks.

Anyone who's interested can join the Meetup group here, which should help streamline the organizing process:

http://vegan.meetup.com/507/

Our first event will be a Boston City Hike on Saturday, November 1, at 4 PM.

This event coincides with the Boston Veg*n Food Festival.

The hike is scheduled for the afternoon when most folks are trapped in the conference rooms listening to the speakers -- come out for a hike instead!

I'd love to put together a weekend full of fitness activities for folks who are in town for the Festival, so let me know what activities you're interested in and I'll get the ball rolling.

Cheers,

Osric

I was thinking about coming up from DC for the BVA food festival.

Is most of the food vegan? Is it worth a short shuttle flight?

Yes, most of the food at the Boston Vegetarian Food Festival is vegan. Since I don't do the veg*n food fest circuit so I have nothing to compare Boston to. The speakers last year were really great (including Robert), and the place was packed, lots of food samples and lots of stuff for sale, too. I had a great time!

Great! I was hoping you would say it is worth the trip. I've heard for years that it is huge. I will definately start looking for an advanced cheap plane ticket in September.

Is it convenient to take public transportation from the air port into the city and to where the festival is likely to be?

Great! I was hoping you would say it is worth the trip. I've heard for years that it is huge. I will definately start looking for an advanced cheap plane ticket in September.

Is it convenient to take public transportation from the air port into the city and to where the festival is likely to be?

It is pretty easy by subway -- Blue Line inbound from Airport to State Street, change to the Orange Line outbound to Roxbury Crossing. The festival is right across the street. Trip time is about 45 minutes.