Going out to restaurants eating veggie burgers?

RAINRA

I been vegan 5 months, I am so busy trying to avoid certain ingredients that I neglected to think about how it was cooked. I try to avoid eating out often but when I do I really don't seem to have many options. It must be true that meat fats from a grill or a pan could be used to cook a regular burger as well as a veggie burger. Your thoughts please

Yeah, I generally don't eat at restaurants, this being one of the reasons. Taking food out with you is the way forward I think! Prepare it the night before, or if you have time, sort something out in the morning, that's what I really recommend if you're short on options out and about.

Even for French fries some may use lard in the oil, or McDonalds injects beef flavour in their potatoes. I once wondered why fastfood chains don't offer more alternatives like veggiedogs and veggieburgers, I tought it would be easy to just have those in their fridge in case someone ask for it... but no, they would need to use another surface to cook it, another spatula to manipulate it, adding animal grease on everything... or some hands or utensils could have touched to meat and then my food, this may sound ridiculous but that's how some vegetarians and vegans get infections due to meat. That's why 100% vegan restaurants are best, or at least vegetarian.

so this would make that new vegan sandwich that peta supports at KFC Canada "not 100% vegan"

of course, and besides that they put mayo in it. Anyway, it's not a good attitude to go buy vegan items in shops that supports outrageously the killing of animals, like Burger King, KFC and other fastfood chains. It's like a vegan buying his veggies at the nearest delicatessen or butcher when they sell other stuff than just meat.

I usually look up the restaurant before I go out to see if they have anything (a lot of times they have the ingredient list on their web page, Burger king actually states that the veggie burger is not suitable for vegans.Or Panera bread which has the list in the store and they label things as vegan. I ALWAYS ask how something is cooked (for example if the fries are fried in the same fryer as the chicken) Of course it is nice to eat at only vegan places, but sometimes (like with work for example) you don't have a choice. If anything you can have salad ( I always bring my own dressing to avoid the sugar issue)

I had this problem once, with. I even contacted PETA about one of the places they list as ok to eat at, and I ended up getting quite a negative answer about Basically accusing me of taking it (being vegan) too seriously. And that it was still vegan even if it was cooked on the same surface as meat. I hope the person that answered me no longer works for PETA, as it wasn''t exactly good info that I got.