Wheat Grass

RAINRA

• 2 weeks later...

I've noticed when people who consume wheat grass come into my store to buy it-- they rave about it and how great they feel after they drink it. People have told me they do have a lot of energy. I haven't tried it yet. As far as factual scientific evidence I'm not sure. But my customers are not paid to endorse it.

Have a great day!

"give energy" can mean several things. All food "gives energy", calories, fuel. Some foods stimulate people, ie. caffiene, and make people FEEL energetic. If there are not any stimulants in wheat grass juice one possibility is that people who use it are getting a sugar rush from the juice. It would be interesting to ask them how long they feel energized from it.

I'm going to ask my customers who buy it how long they feel energized after they drink it. We sell it in powder, fresh frozen in cubes & freshly grown organic in the produce dept. Since I don't own a juicer I was going to try the frozen cubes.

Anyone else out there drink wheat grass juice?

I'm going to ask my customers who buy it how long they feel energized after they drink it. We sell it in powder, fresh frozen in cubes & freshly grown organic in the produce dept. Since I don't own a juicer I was going to try the frozen cubes.

Anyone else out there drink wheat grass juice?

There is a Roebeck's down the street from where I work that blends it fresh into smoothies. I should give it a shot. I don't believe in miracle foods aside from the cabbage family vegetables, but it can't do me any harm

Veganchick, I will be interested to hear what your customers would say. I have fasted and felt "energized" by taking in energy -- calories. During college I would go weeks without produce and feel "energized" for several days after eating produce again and getting the nutrients I needed. I've also felt energized from caffeinated drinks and from the sugar rush of fresh undiluted juices.

It will be interesting to hear if they get sustained energy.

I noticed that you are out in Frederick ( I live in Silver Spring ). Do you work for the Uncommon Market?

Hey beforewisdom-

Okay, we'll both try wheat grass. And I'll also ask customers opinions also. I read a book about enzymes and the author recommended doing a raw food & juice fast every 6 months for no longer than 5 days.

I'd rather not say where I work on the message forum. But it is a health food store in the Washington metro area.

I used to live in Silver Spring before it became so trendy. Nice place, though! Do you ever go to the Parkway Deli? Not much vegan food there!!!

Hey beforewisdom-

Okay, we'll both try wheat grass.

You got it!

And I'll also ask customers opinions also. I read a book about enzymes and the author recommended doing a raw food & juice fast every 6 months for no longer than 5 days.

You might find this posted article interesting

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=11725&p=132399#p132399

I used to live in Silver Spring before it became so trendy. Nice place, though! Do you ever go to the Parkway Deli? Not much vegan food there!!!

Never . I frequently go to TPSS, Mark's Kitchen, The Savory or the Ethiopian Places when I eat in that area.

I made a post a while back about veg*n resources in the DC metro area. I thought you might like it so here is the URL:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=14565&p=160269&hilit=glut#p160269

Hello again beforewisdom-

I just read the link you sent about raw foods & enzymes. Very interesting! Thanks.

Okay, since we're talking veggie restaurants-- I haven't been to Takoma Park in a while but I remember Mark's & Savory as both being quite good. I'm a Java Green freak but I don't get down to D.C. enough anymore. I also like Great Sage. Mostly for their brunch! Frederick has a vegan friendly restaurant called The Orchard. It's downtown on the corner of N. Market & Church Street. Lots of vegan choices on their menu. I do like that website The Happy Cow...

I'm not a big fan of Happy Cow either. For a long time that site had a policy of only listing 100% vegetarian restaurants. Nice ideal, but it isn't very useful for travelers who don't know an area they are staying in. Very few places have 100% vegetarian restaurants. A number of places do have places to eat where a vegan might be able to get something to eat, but s/he would never find out about them on the Happy Cow site.

Try vegdc.com They list any place in MD, DC, or NOVA where you can get something veg*n to eat. Very useful.