Pesky Little Critters

Amy

If you have an invasion in or around your home what do you do?  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

After reading a post on bee pollen and another on pests, I have a question.

If you have an invasion (ants, spiders, roaches, bees, wasp, etc.) in or around your home what do you do? Do you kill them, or do you invite them to stay? I am curious to know how vegans handle these types of situations.

Just had to share this, and this seemed the best thread to do it in.

I had a run in with a bee the other day. I was running, and I felt something sting my ankle. So I bent over and a bee flew out from under my sock. I don't know how it got there, but heck if I was a bee and I got stuck under someones sweaty sock I'd sting to get out, lol. Actually there was no stinger, just a red mark, so I think I got the bee out of there right before it's stinger got me. It's sad that bees protect themselves with their stingers just to die.

I take into account if they are parasitic such as fleas or ticks. I kill those without question. Spiders, I leave alone. Ants I dissuade from coming in by using pepper and cinnamon. My landlord also sprays something so that keeps/kills bugs. Have not had a roach problem, but I dont care for them and am glad I dont have any in the house. Flies tend to get trapped in the windows and die. Hornets and the like I have not yet had. Hope that I dont.

I've never seen a roach. I don't think we get them out here. There's a lot of trees and bushes and stuff around here that critters would rather live in.

Last night, I stepped on a garden snail

I heard a crunch and looked down and went "noooooo!!" I was so sad. I'm usually careful when walking up to the door cuz there's lots of snails in my garden, especially after it rains. Silvio buried it for me and I went inside and sulked.

Spiders and black ants I'm cool with, but any other insect I do kill. If you don't you will get overrun with them. Also in my building, if you get them you have to report it, and they automatically send in pest control. Only if they are in my place of residence though. I won't kill a bug in nature. Unless their trying to get me.