Got to meet LeanandGreen and Thedanisays!

VeganEssentials

Came back to our office from a trip to get a new social security card (lost that stupid thing, but it's essential to have), and got the message that LeanandGreen and Thedanisays were pretty close to our store and wanted to stop by. They arrived about 45 minutes later, and we got to spend some time chatting while they got a break from their long road trip to Portland. It was a true pleasure to meet them both - definitely some of the nicest people I've met in a long time, and they even gave us a new plant for our office which we're now proudly putting in our front window (I guess they have over 20 plants with them in their car!) I know that they were on their way to visit Troy up in the Wisconsin Dells afterward, so hopefully they got to meet up and have another fun stop on their long trip ahead.

I don't know if they'll get to see this, but if they do, thanks for stopping by this afternoon, and hopefully we'll get to meet up again sometime in the not-too-distant future, and have a safe rest of the trip to Portland!

They told me they were moving their eventually... I think some people from D.C. as well.

I am glad that they get to be closer to everyone and all vegans in Portland. I am sad that I have such little funds and vacation time or I would come to visit Portland often.

I think here we have a great Vegan Community in D.C. not all members of this site yet but hopefully more will think about fitness more and not just for diet and animals.

If all Vegans move to Portland then how will communities build in each state?

I will have to take non vegans myself

They are moving there for what they said will be at least a few years, but they're shipping their big items and driving with a smaller load (not to mention their adorable little dog, who was more scared of our kitty who lives at our office than the other way around )

ahaha they look nice. So they didn't move to Portland to live there it was just a roadtrip?

Awesome!

I'm glad they got to meet you! I speak very highly of you all the time, to everyone, and it is a pleasure for me to watch people within this community get to meet other members who they admire. I've met all 3 of you and have enjoyed my time with all of you and I'm glad you all got to spend time together.

Thanks for sharing!