Should Dr. Give Nutrition Advice?

RAINRA

It seems that every time a doctor get to give Nutritional advice to a vegetarian or vegan it is eat more meat to recover.

I think most Doctors out there should not give advice. According to Dieticians and Nutritionists it is against the law to give nutritional advice to anyone unless your certified. Doctors may know about the components of the body and how they work but no little to do with food and how it works in the body.

What do you think?

Here is the article I am talking about.

http://www.ecorazzi.com/2008/10/20/josh-hartnett-told-by-doc-to-give-up-vegetarian-diet/

I think doctors should give more nutritional advice and less prescriptions. But to do this they (most of the doctors) need to learn more about nutrition and certain foods. If doctors don't want to give nutritional advice I think dietitians and nutritionists should have a larger part in the health care system.

I really wish that proper nutrtional advice can replace unnecessary medication in the future. Even though most doctors are very unaware of modern nutrtion (because they were schooled like 30 years ago) and think you need meat to survive there are a lot of good doctors too whom respects ones choice to be vegan/vegetarian.

EDIT: Just read the article on Josh. What a tard, I used to think he was really cool because he turned veg so young and promoted it kinda well but fuck him and fuck his meat. I'm pissed

There's a new doctor at my family doctor's practice now that I see and he kicks ass.

I saw him for my insomnia problem and he didn't just whip out his prescription book, he gave me REAL ADVICE! He also has no problem with my being veg.

But yeah, I think it's bullshit that meat helps you heal faster. Whatever! When I was an omni it used to take me forever to recover from illnesses. I had the flu and I had it for a whole week! I got the flu back in August and only had it for one day before I started feeling better.

Though I realize it was a different virus each time, still.. Even scratches and pimples heal faster. Even my hair grows faster. Vegan ftw.