Joint health? What really works

RAINRA

I did some really intense sprints about two months ago. I have been still doing activity but I want to know if anyone uses something to help repair the joint.

When I was a omni I use to use glucosamine with chondroitin and msm. Now have the plant based vegan version and bought msm as well and it seems to have no affect?

I had knee surgery 6 years ago from snowboarding. Any idea what might work?

Doctor right now not an option.

Should I start using this stuff as well? I just started running about a month ago or so. Sometimes I'll get a little pain in my ankle, or hip.. And yesterday my wrist hurt after weights. It's nothing serious but I want to take preventative measures ya know?

Should I start using this stuff as well? I just started running about a month ago or so. Sometimes I'll get a little pain in my ankle, or hip.. And yesterday my wrist hurt after weights. It's nothing serious but I want to take preventative measures ya know?

I would highly recommend it

Edited by awaken375

All I've ever taken is MSM, so I can't vouch for anything else. My knees have always been a little dodgy ever since I was a kid, and they would hurt even after walking for an hour. Since I've started taking MSM, they don't hurt at all, even after 3-hour runs! I would totally look the stuff up. It's pretty cheap, too.

Actually, quick question. I usually buy the MSM that's made for horses 'cuz it's the same substance. Has anyone heard of any reasons why I shouldn't do this? I have had a rather strong craving for oats lately...

Mike

Outside the supplement world, what has had a huge impact on my knees has been (surprisingly to me) to do squats (or leg press, or lunges etc. if you can't squat). Strengthening all the muscles that surround the knee help stabilize it and prevent wear and tear.

I tried the glucosamine thing for awhile but it had no effect, but then again I also have a nasty autoimmune disorder that wrecks my joints so I'm not a good person to go by for that!