meat boosts immune system?

Mik

Right, I've heard several instances of people claiming that a vegetarian diet will weaken the immune system and that meat can 'boost' it or something. However, I dont know enough about this theory to refute it :/ pls share any knowledge!

Thanks

My impression is that the real culprits are macro- and micro-nutrient profiles and total calories. The average person tends to get a more complete set of vitamins and minerals (and tends to eat more calories) when eating meat because it requires less diligence.

The vegans with poor immune systems are probably those who aren't getting enough zinc, iron, B-6, B-12, calcium, vitamin E, etc. Or those who aren't eating enough calories overall, starving their bodies and operating a deficit.

Your immune system can function wonderfully on a vegan diet. You just need to make sure to get plenty of nutrients. I don't go a day without taking my vitamins, and I eat a very nutrient-rich diet. I haven't had so much as the sniffles in at least two years, probably quite a bit longer.

I guess this false statement is based on the idea that poisons (meat) use and stimulate your immune system constantly, lol...so drink raw milk full of viruses, don't cook your meat so you won't destroy E.Colli and salmonellas... yeah. The theory that "what doesn't kill you make you stronger", this is ridiculous; it may be true sometimes about allergies (you need to be exposed to the right doses of pathogens during youth), but eating meat is not the samething, because the problem is that it's something we can't digest properly; it won't boost your immune system, it will only give you a colon cancer !

There's way enough bacterias, germs and pollution molecules of all kinds in the air you breath, in the water you drink, and on everything you touch or eat, to stimulate your immune system.