To the person next to me at the gym:

vivalasvegans

Dear person next to me at the gym,

There is no reason for you to be wearing so much perfume that people within a 20 foot radius can actually taste it. It does not taste good. Please stop. If you think you smell too bad to workout in public before you hit the cardio room, then just stand under the water for 60 seconds before you change into your workout gear. Also, eating less meat will help you smell less rank.

If you do not stop and this continues, I will be forced to take action. I will eat a large meal of grapefruit, tofu, undercooked garbonzos, and lentils about three hours before you get to the gym. I will be waiting for you.

Sincerely,

(i'm gonna think up a cute acronym to go here)

We all do things for differnt reasons.

I woulds suggest you best (hopefully) effort might be for you to strike up a conversation with her.

You might ask her what kind of perfume she is wearing, and then say something like "gee that is some powerful stuff", or something like this. The a sutble indirect kind of approach, sometimes works the best. Of cause if she starts putting more on and starts looking at you through the corner of her eye. Well I guess it could be all over. lol

• 3 weeks later...

Dear person next to me at the gym,

I don't mean to come off as a complete ass, but when I am working out, I don't want to chit chat. I don't want to be asked questions about what I am doing and why I am doing it. I also don't want to answer questions like, "what is it that you're drinking?", "you know you should rest more between sets", etc.

It is however acceptable to ask me if a machine or bench near me is in use. It is also fine to ask me if you can raise or lower the volume on the public stereo equipment.

I am here at the gym to focus on one thing and one thing only--lifting weight.