Have you been vegan since birth?

robert

What a great website! it is such an inspiration to read these stories. I'm not looking to have kids anytime soon, but I want to be armed with all the information (so that i know it Before it happens and so I can make anyone in my family shut up when they question me about it!)

My youngest son, now 10, has been vegetarian since 3 and vegan since 7. My 11 year old has been vegetarian since 4 and vegan since 8. The older boy is the second tallest in his 6th grade class (85 percentile); both of them enjoy excellent health. I also have a friend whose 5 year old has been vegan since birth; he's also very healthy, big and strong. Anyone who says raising kids vegan is unhealthy is full of it!

Go to Storm Talifero's website and order his CD. He's raised a bunch of kids vegan (one is over 20) and he has documented their progress including video during an annual pediatric checkup-they are extremely healthy. One scene in the video shows one of his sons, about 6 yrs old, outrunning an adult up a mountainside at about a 15% grade. Storm's in his late 50s and has been raw vegan for over 20 years; he still looks like a 20 something body builder! Two summers ago I chased my youngest boy up a mountain trail in the rockies for nearly an hour; we passed probably 40 adults and teenagers on the way up.

What a great website! it is such an inspiration to read these stories. I'm not looking to have kids anytime soon, but I want to be armed with all the information (so that i know it Before it happens and so I can make anyone in my family shut up when they question me about it!)

My ex-neighbor is a vegan RD and used to work for the PCRM you can find more vegan kids links on her baby daughters blog:

http://saigenobis.blogspot.com/