Cured Cold Symptoms with WHEAT GRASS

RAINRA

Jaleel and BeforeWisdom, thank you for your thoughts. It is true that you should leave that which gives you no joy. The problem is that this forum was a great place to visit in the past and I come back looking for that same experience. While a blog is fine for some, I like intelligent interaction - not speaking to an audience.

In my daily life, I am surrounded by intelligent, educated people at times and less educated, less gifted people at other times. I realize that I cannot always choose the perfect group to socialize with - which is what was here for a short while and which I miss tremendously. I don't know that the hardcore bodybuilding aspect of this forum can be revived. Once the smell of death gets into something it's hard to shake.

I don't know the best answer. Bodybuilding is bodybuilding regardless of where you get your protein source. I can lurk on other bodybuilding forums and take what I need but it would be nice to go through the actual competition preparation with other vegans. I just don't see that happening here. IMO, this should be the one place where competing vegan bodybuilders can come and share their thoughts without being slapped down by people who will probably never compete in their lives, vegan or not. Instead, we're encouraged to be all P.C. and accepting of whatever raw/new age/low protein/no B12 diet any new member considers "superior" to a bodybuilding diet. It confuses new members and lurkers and makes us all look like morons to the bodybuilding world. If the name of the forum was something other than Vegan Bodybuilding then I could deal with it. But I'm a vegan bodybuilder and it bothers me to see us so inaccurately represented by this current forum.

Jaleel, you make some good points. As for co-existing, I have a difficult time doing so when my BS meter goes off the chart and that has happened here often in the past and usually in the nutrition section. Some forums are closely monitored by knowledgeable admins/mods who work to maintain the quality of information posted, unlike our rather "anything goes" style. Despite my strong desire for the former type of forum management, I've come to accept that it's the latter that will prevail.

I've noticed that some members stick around just long enough to push a few crazy ideas, get into debates and then disappear when the controversy is over. I've certainly been guilty of fueling some of those debates. I may just step back and only post when people are being serious/reasonable, much like Ryan, Chris and Gaia are able to do.

DV wrote:

I don't know that the hardcore bodybuilding aspect of this forum can be revived.

If the name of the forum was something other than Vegan Bodybuilding then I could deal with it.

The forum is called Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

What is the obsession with it just being about vegan body builders only? Ok it may used to have been like that, but things change.Thats life.I am a serious body builder, but do not have a problem with others on here who are only into being vegans or are into Fitness

I dont mean this in an inflammatory way but you sound like a broken record! This forum has increased alot & there are a number of people on here who are not serious body builders.Deal with it, & stop complaining!

Also, whether you mean to or not, you come across as having a

holier than thou attitude
Either those of us who read into this are wrong or you actually do have a superiority complex.My advice is: stop.There is nothing more unattractive & false than a belief that you are better than everyone.Unless of course you actually are.And I have seen nothing to suggest that you are from your posts.

I was going to write, please dont take this as a personal attack, but I guess it is really.I am open in admitting it.Just expressing my opinion, and it is just an opinion on how I personally read you as a person, and your posts.

Jaleel and BeforeWisdom, thank you for your thoughts. It is true that you should leave that which gives you no joy. The problem is that this forum was a great place to visit in the past and I come back looking for that same experience. While a blog is fine for some, I like intelligent interaction - not speaking to an audience.

You can have that with a blog( probably more so ), either your own or someone else's where there is a steady crew of commentators. I have a bit of that on my blog. Setting up a blog is as easy as setting up a web mail account and using a blog is as easy as posting to a forum. You are welcome on my blog and I will certainly go to yours.

I really think that this site is for vegans who want to be healthy and represent good health.

I think it is different for each person what this site means for them,

Some people just come here to vent, others for nutrition, others for political talks others for whatever...

I like the variety. As long as your vegan and you care about animals Im on your side. I love this site because of all of you. What all of you guys offer from news to heated discussions. That is all what it is. No one should be hateful after a discussion. It is good to hear all sides.

As for bodybuilding and increment of improving your body is body... building. Does not mean competitive bodybuilder. Not saying anyone is saying that. Just wanted to include anyone who is working out. If it was about building Arnold like bodies then it should be competitiveveganbodybuilding.com

Again you guys are all awesome. You people make my day everytime I get on here. It is a way that for a few seconds I can escape the meat horror of a world and be on a different planet. Planet Vegan Bodybuilding and Fitness and where cupcakes are not the main topic which makes me happy. People here actually are much healthier than most vegans out there which is a plus.

DV;

I can understand the frustration that is felt when you are surrounded by ignorance when you have long known better. It is gratifying to help people. However, there will always be ignorant people. There will also always be willfully ignorant people too.

They are motivated by a fetish for the ideas they hold, not by learning the truth.

They will not welcome being informed that they wrong. Then again, they didn't ask. It is better to help people when they come to you, appreciate your expertise and appreciate your time. If they don't do that, well, reality has a way of asserting itself. They will just suffer by being less successful at what they want to be successful at. It will not hurt your life, just theirs.