Squatting: The Correct Way??

pudha

I just cannot get my form correct on Squats.

I cannot keep my back straight and go down to squat. I know this will take time to perfect so any tips to help me?

I can't feel me pushing through my heels even though I stick my backside out. My abs are tensed always.

Any videos that will help me??

Thanks

It would be easier to give advice if you posted a video of your squatting.

Can you do a decent squat without weights? If not, have you tried a wider foot stance? If the feet are too close apart it becomes a lot harder to get down deep enough with a straight back.

Most probably due to tight hip flexors. You can try leg swings to help.

What are leg swings?

It seems so physically difficult for me trying to get the correct form. Any regular stretches I could do to looses my lower body?

Not sure if this helps, but it helped me with my squats, your knees should track your foot line. Think of your butt dropping down to the floor instead of just back (you might be leaning forward too much to sick your butt out). For practice on form you can try to use a counter weight because you will feel like your going to fall backwards at first ( another person to hold your hands, a pole, a rope, a heavy weighted bar to hold yourself up and then progress away from the counter weight and see if you can keep the form with just body weight before adding back weights. Good luck!