Robert Cheeke's Journal - 3 contests in 4 weeks!

I didn't get to the gym til midnight and just got home a bit before 2AM....yeah buddy....I will not miss a workout!

Lots to do before bed around 4AM, then up at 7AMish, another workout and then drive to Seattle, give a talk and then finally relax for the night.

Started training shoulders, they felt tight or sore so I went to legs and hit legs for an hour. I'll hit more legs tomorrow and touch up shoulders a bit too.

Too tired to write more at the moment and too much to do....but basically 10 sets of lower back extensions, 10 sets of leg extensions, 6 sets of lying hamstring curls, and about 4 sets of calf presses.

A few sit-ups and 5 sets lateral raises as well......lots to do, better go.

RC

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots to do before bed around 4AM, then up at 7AMish, another workout and then drive to Seattle, give a talk and then finally relax for the night.

Hey man you've got to get some sleep.... precontest your going to get sick if you keep doing this... which is far worse than not getting in one workout

Hey man you've got to get some sleep.... precontest your going to get sick if you keep doing this... which is far worse than not getting in one workout

X2 ALREADY THERE AND LEARNING THE HARD WAY I had to take off from work tonight and tomorrow as i cannot function i am so tired i lock up and can't make full sentences, my throat is very very sore and my body is fighting off a head cold of some sorts.

Good news is i slept 3 hours just now, i'm going to sleep alot tonight and be very well rested and continue to recover some more.

I am going to get a workout in tonight. 1 not two. It's better than not doing anything at all andlet's hope I can go through it.

RC we were discussing this; take my word for it. Can't keep running yourself down like me; it'll bite you in the Cheeke.

relax, just like the song they highlight in Zoolander

X2 ALREADY THERE AND LEARNING THE HARD WAY I had to take off from work tonight and tomorrow as i cannot function i am so tired i lock up and can't make full sentences, my throat is very very sore and my body is fighting off a head cold of some sorts.

Good news is i slept 3 hours just now, i'm going to sleep alot tonight and be very well rested and continue to recover some more.

I am going to get a workout in tonight. 1 not two. It's better than not doing anything at all andlet's hope I can go through it.

RC we were discussing this; take my word for it. Can't keep running yourself down like me; it'll bite you in the Cheeke.

relax, just like the song they highlight in Zoolander

You need the float tank. RC's in there right now. Apparently 90mins in there feels like you had 8 hrs of sleep.

You'll hear more about it when RC comes back from him filling space

Yeah....I'm first to give the advice to get more sleep.....life is just too busy and it's hard to fit everything in, even important aspects like sleep. I've had to stay awake to do other things in order to make money just to live....so sleep had to take a step back for a bit. I love sleep, more than almost anyone I know....just can't always fit in the right amounts with my lifestyle.

It's a rough pre-contest.....L.A. last week, Seattle today, Florida in a few days, then to D.C., back home, and then to Chicago, all before the show in 5.5 weeks in Arizona.

But I got in that workout yesterday on 3.5 hours sleep, worked the rest of the morning, drove up to Seattle, gave a talk that rocked the house and then was in a float tank for 90 min to help recover a bit, ate then off to sleep. At Ravi's house at the moment with Ravi, Tasha and bvp663

Off to Yoga class now

YB!

Got a good 9 hours sleep last night too.

I had another midnight workout with Tasha and Lean and Green the other night and then took 2 days off as planned and worked 12-hour days at Seattle VegFest (which rocked!)

Having an awesome time out here!

Back home tomorrow and then off to Florida and then D.C.

Still have a ton of stuff to do. Super busy week!

Catch up with my journal again soon

I trained chest at the hotel before leaving Seattle today. I had an amazing week but unfortunately only slept about 4 hours per night. I still trained but it has left me exhausted.

I drove 8 hours total today to many cities and I'm finally back home.

Way too tired....but will be back online tomorrow then flying to Florida at 7AM the next day.

Yeah Buddy!

Chest is a bit sore.

Trained Legs tonight.

I still haven't missed a workout. I have a feeling I might miss one tomorrow for the first time in 3 months. I'm still up at 1:30AM and will be up for at least 90 more min..then have to be up at 5AM to get to the airport, fly to Orlando, pick up a car, drive 95 miles to Gainsville, lose 3 hours flying across country and will get in at 10PM and have a talk at 11AM, which is 8AM my time, meaning I'll be up at 6AM or earlier my time.

It will be a rough one!

Anyway, 90 min leg workout tonight rocked!

Something like this:

Bodyweight squats to warm-up

Leg press

90 x 35

90 x 35

180 x 30

180 x 30

270 x 30

270 x 30

360 x 25

360 x 30

360 x 30

180 x 53

270 x 50

Leg extensions

50 x 25

70 x 25

110 x 20

140 x 15

160 x 15

140 x 15

140 x 15

140 x 15

110 x 25

110 x 25

Standing hamstring curls

35 x 12

35 x 12

35 x 12

35 x 12

45 x 12

45 x 12

45 x 12

Butt donkey kicks

50 x 12

70 x 12

100 x 10

100 x 10

100 x 10

Calf presses

160 x 20

160 x 20

160 x 20

160 x 20

160 x 20

I also did 40 push-ups

I feel bad that I haven't updated my journal much. I've been soooooooooooooooooooo busy!

I still haven't missed a workout and hope to do some abs and push-ups on the hotel floor for an hour tomorrow night and then in the gym after my talk at the University of Florida rec center

Yeah buddy!

Gotta make it happen!

This won't look good.....I slept 45 minutes last night (just too much to do, I work so many jobs) and then barely made my flight to Florida. I ended up getting another 3 hours of sleep on the plane, had some issues renting a car since nearly all my cards are maxed out, but I was able to get something, and then drove 2 hours to Gainesville and then had some dinner and now I'm sitting here at the Holiday Inn. I speak at the University of Florida tomorrow for their VegFest so it should be pretty sweet

I'm doing sit-ups and ab work while watching the Suns play on TV.

I won't get any weights in today because I can barely stay awake and it is closing in on 1AM and I'm up early.....but I'm getting something in.

OK, gotta get some sleep soon.

Should be a great day tomorrow!

RC

Robert, gotta love you, and as a competitor I get it. That said, dude you know the body needs rest to receover. You also know recovery is more important than training at this stage in the game. Since you suffer from the same nuerosis that I do try what I do. When I get to where I am so fatigued and so stressed and time is crunching in I will change up a workout and do nothing but giant sets with minimal rest. I limit myself to 30 minutes maximum. I just try to burnout with giant sets with drops and forced reps even. It burns me up fast, and I can take the extra time to sleep.

Take care bro, you are going to do great at your show. Less than a month out now.

Aw am I your Wash ? and you're my Dry?

I'm curious to know what color mouse you brought with you to Florida. Remember you're like Wash look I got new mice

one red one and one blue one

You'll rock the show tonight. I know it.. just do hip hop music and your dance RC style..

YB

I trained for just about 2 hours today.

I rode the bike for over 90 minutes and also ran flights of stairs at the hotel, did sets of sit-ups and push-ups. There is a nearby Powerhouse Gym I was salivating at when I saw it but I can't spend any money. I can barely afford flights to get where I need to get to at the moment. I need to grab some weights soon!

Life on the road is tough. I'm still training but it's more cardio and bodyweight stuff at the moment.

If I can afford a flight, I'm off to DC tomorrow (have to buy flight last minute). Then I'll be there to give a talk at Georgetown University and then back home a few days later.

Life is hectic, life is fun. Life is challenging and life is rewarding.

Time for bed.

Still training, in fact off to gym now, trained biceps and triceps yesterday, chest and back the day before, etc.

Just been super busy and offline.

In DC now. Hope to see veganpotter and others today. Saw RAINRA and a few others yesterday at my talk at Georgetown University.

Back to it...YB!

Trained legs today.

I was at the gym for just about 3 hours.

Had nice chest, back, biceps and triceps workouts the last couple of days.

Today was legs. My lower back was super stiff so I didn't even do leg presses. I just did 10-15 sets of leg extensions, 10 sets of leg curls, 6 sets of calf raises, 54 minutes of cardio and some time in the sauna.

I'm out in D.C. at the moment. I'll see some forum members tomorrow night at Java Green at 6:30PM and I'll meet up with veganpotter later that night when he gets off of work, which I'm pumped about.........in fact, I may go to the Phillippines in December to watch potter race for the Filipino National Cycling Team! We'll see, but I've been wanting to get to Southeast Asia for the past couple of years and this may be a great time to go.

Anyway, workout tomorrow and then forum-member meet-up, see potter, get on an airplane the next morning, have lunch in L.A. and then get into Portland at 7PM for a workout with Lean and Green. All part of a busy life on the road.

Lovely idea!

We'll see where my funding is come the fall/winter.

Should go train soon....my back is still bothering me but I should go make it happen and then train with Lean and Green tomorrow after 7PM when I return home

YB!

Just had one of my BEST workouts in a longtime. I learned that nearly my entire immediate family is making the trip out to AZ for our historic contest and I just can't let them down....even with a tired body, sore back and exhausted mind. I will not let myself down or my family down.

I will bring it in 3 weeks, so watch out!

RC is back in action making it happen!

I hammered back today, even sets of more than 20 pull-ups, I won't give up.

I will just hammer it as hard as I can. I have to.

We also got more funding today for our documentary, I'm pumped to see veganpotter and others tonight and I just gave it what I had today and it was maybe my 8th workout in 10 days, all while traveling all over the country (I'll be in 5 states over the next 24 hours, for example).

Will fill in details later but had a good 90 minute back attack. Come get some.

RC

Nice, if you go to the Philippines you should probably come over to Australia ..it's pretty close!

Yeah mate, I'd be happy to travel interstate to come and have a workout with you and Sosso.

We could make another vegan brothers in iron mini video!

That would be awesome to film a video in Australia too! I'll think about it for sure! I met with veganpotter tonight and I am totally serious about trying to make to to Southeast Asia in the fall/winter to watch him race for the National Team and hang out in a part of the world I have been trying to afford to get to for years.

I'll keep working hard to make the trip possible and maybe I'll make it to Australia too!

We'll see, but either way it makes me excited and gives me one more positive thing to look forward to!