Octopussoir's '09-'10 BB'ing Competitions

Worked LEGS today. I started with squats went up to 250x4reps and then leg press. Started with 4 plates each side and just moved up to 6 plates each side. I dont want to move up too fast and def dont want to get any more injuries.

My weight is still in the mid-170's. Looks as if I will need to bump my caloric intake

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ive had 5 daily workouts this week. Im feeling better, getting stronger, and looking a little bigger. I got some Sunwarrior over the weekend so extra protein here I come.

Went to a local Vegan potluck. Had fun, ate great food, and made a lasagna that had:

crushed almonds and walnuts

hemp seeds

vegan cheese(s)

tofu

spinach

fire roasted tomatoes

mushrooms

artichoke noodles

garlic

hemp milk

black beans

Right now Im making my own Kombucha. I scored a scobi from the potluck, so now am not going to buy anymore but instead make it.

Hey buddy it was good. Mostly raw. I had the only cooked dish. I have about a week until my Kombucha will be ready.

Today I worked legs. Didnt go too heavy but I did touch my calves with my ass each rep. Only went up to 225lbs but I did do multiple sets with each weight leading up to 225.

My legs are feeling stronger and I am going lower. Wont be long until I touch dem der calves with 275.

Here is a pic from tonight. I ate 4 huge pieces of lasagna and had 3 kombuchas before the pic was taken. Looks as if Im bulking these days(due to not being able to see all my abs)

I weighed in at 182lbs

http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs061.snc3/12842_535485431523_78201054_31461187_3575208_n.jpg

Yeah they are Mary.

Im trying to gain mass and not drop so much right before a comp like I did my last too. I was really disappointed to see my legs flatten out the day of the show. Then I started asking around and most of the best looking guys dont drop much food if any...they just bump their cardio. I cannot afford to drop as much water and sodium like I did. Im not "cycling" on anything anabolic nor eating meat so Im thinking I dont have to go that extreme like everyone else in the shows.

Today I super setted Chest with Back. I would do so many sets of chest then back...

Might hit some abs and arms later. I have already had 3(double scooped) shakes of vanilla SunWarrior. Good times.

• 2 weeks later...

I have not been posting lately, but I HAVE been reading everyone elses posts and journals.

Monday I had an awesome Chest and Back workout when a local gymmie came up to me and asked what I was working and asked if I would lift with him. Went heavy, got serious, and my chest is still freakin sore today(thrs)!!!!

Tuesday was leg day. I didnt squat heavy or press heavy, but I had a decent workout.

Wed was Tris and Bis in the morning, running at noon, and then delts and abs in the p.m. I was exhausted after an hour of delts and abs...

Ive been loading up on my protein and have had a couple people say im looking bigger and better. Not quite where I want to be yet, but Im getting there and very serious now!

Looking forward to compete close to home starting in the Spring. Im not gonna cut carbs or water, but just do extra cardio and see what the judges say early on and keep improving throughout the Spring and Summer.

I appreciate everyone checking this and keeping up with what I*m doing.

Thursday I took off due to me having to run a bunch of errands and didnt get in the gym.

Today I had an all back workout. Things went good! Ran and did some cardio afterwards.

I took a pic after workout to show V-taper. Im not as big as I will be in the upcoming months, but if I can keep my waist down and my upper growing I think I will do well in the Spring competitions.

http://i50.tinypic.com/2ywegxu.jpg

I had an awesome leg day today! Probably the best I've had in months.

Leg pressed 10 plates each side for 5

smith machined 3 plates each side for 5(last one assisted, but ass was on calves)

leg extentioned 300lbs for 10

calf presesses just went to 290lbs for 2 sets of 20.

Of course I started out light with every exercise and worked my way up, but lifting heavy again felt so damn great!!!

In between sets on leg press I saved someone from the flat barbell as nobody else saw the bar on this poor guys neck.

Before the workout I had 2 cups of oats in unsweetened vanilla almond milk, banana, and montery blend nuts/seeds/fruit.

I hope my legs and butt kill me all weekend. I need that satisfaction. I also killed a 3 scoop shake of vanilla sunwarrior protein. Tastes good man

Chewybaws- thanks buddy.

Today Im hitting Arms again with some lats thrown in there. I dont feel any soreness in my back or legs...ARG!!! Damn protein healing me up too fast... Hopefully as I throw some lats in there maybe I will be able to feel the squeeze and pump more.

I hope everyone who comes in here and reads this does some sort of workout today.

Lift hard, Lift strong, and Lift correctly

Worked arms today for an hour and a half. I can tell everything is falling into place! I'm getting darker too so that helps.

Probars still being consumed. Quinoa and brown rice is being upped again. I am going to need some more SunWarrior soon. I love this stuff and the profile is just insane!!

I wish my body would get sore so I didn't have to work it so much, but I guess that's what will snag me some 2nd place finishes next year!!

I'll take some more updated pics in a couple weeks.

My weight is still around 176-179 or so morning weight. Kinda making me mad but oh well I'll just go with the flow. I thought about not stepping on a scale even once next year until I compete just to be surprised

Took 30min to get to the gym due to a marathon being held. It usually takes me 2min to get there so I was a little pissy going in and then a person in the gym upon my arrival added to it making it an Awesome leg day for me!!!

Leg press:

machine x30

1px 30

2px 20

4px 10

6px 5

8px4 got stuck then after reracking weights and putting them back on machine I cranked out another 5 reps.

10px3,x2,x3,x2

Barbell squats:

135x5 x2sets

225x5 x2sets

275x2 x3sets

300x3 (1/4 squats)

315x (just want my back and legs to get used to the weight again; no squatting just hold for time) 3 sets of around 30seconds

BB front squats:

135x10 x3 sets

horizontal calf machine:

190x20 x2sets

270x20 x2sets

350x20 x2sets

Seated leg curl:

130x15 x2sets

175x10 x2sets

Leg XTNS:

145x10

190x10

250x10 x2sets

295x10

All done in 1.5 hours with a 10 min warmup on precore level 10; 19* incline

haley- yeah forreal!

I took Sunday(yest) off.

weight update: This morning I weighed in at 185.2lbs at home. I went to the gym and after 2 deuce drops I weighed in at 184lbs at the gym. I had about 5 probars and a couple raw revolution bars today and a gallon of water in the gym. After my workout I weighed in at 192.5lbs and 192lbs at home. Weighs Good Man, Weighs Good.

Monday-(today) I had a call from a guy that I worked out chest with about 3-4 weeks ago to hit chest again. Hit it hard for 2 hours today. Felt good man. Felt Good. Here is a pic...

http://i50.tinypic.com/idspa9.jpg

I started out with flat DB's:

went from 50's(warmup) to 100's for 8x3 sets

incline DB's:

started with 60's and ended doing 95's for 7

seated flyes:

about 6 sets

seated hammerstrength incline:

1p x few sets

2px5

these were doubled with pushups 20reps x3sets

Cable Press & flyes:

started with 20lbs and ended with 90lbs

Then to wrap things up I did some heavy tricep pressdowns and a few heavy seated rows on cable. If I try and flex them(tri's) they cramp. Good workout I must say....

I've hit all body parts already this week so tonight I went heavy.

Incline bench:50lb,80lb,100lb

lat pulldown: went up to 240lb for 5

seated rows: went up to 260-290 for 5

1 arm db preacher curl: 30lbx10, 40lbx10, 50lbx10

I have always been insecure about my biceps and seem to get disinterested when it comes to working them so sometimes I neglect them. The 50s felt good man.

Have not worked out since thurs. I was sick all day sat with something and gave me a fever All Day!! Today I finally got around to hitting me legs. Here it is as follows:

leg press:

1px20

2px10

4px10

6px5

8px5

11px5 (1,060#)

2px20

BB Squats:

135x10

205x5

225x5

250x3

275x3 sloppy and I was pissed that I wasn't properly spotted and did not feel safe. When I squat with any weight and I'm training with someone I want to be sure I'm safe at all times.

I was also pressed for time due to getting there late.

Leg xtns:

145x10x2sets

205x10

250x10

295x10x2sets

ran out of time... So that's it. Plus my stomach hurt while squatting so maybe it was for the best

Boy do my hamstrings hurt today! The buttocks is starting to ache as well. Going low is so awesome get so much more out of it when ya do!

Did chest today twice:

am 1hour15min-

Incline smith: was workin with someone who couldn't do as much so I started out low and went to 2 plates each side for 10reps.

Incline DB press: 50x20, 60x10, 80x10,x8, 100x4

eagle chest press: went up to 240 or so

incline db flyes: 35x10, 45x8, 15x20

cable flyes: did a few lighter sets cause one of the cables was sticking...

Rev situps on decline: 25repsx3sets

PM- 1hr15min

Flat DB: 80x10x2sets, 100x10,x8,x4

pushups: x115(25x3sets then 40)

tri xtn: 60x20, 80x20, 100x20(heavy cable stack)

seated flye machine: 250x8,x6,x5,x5

some misc delt presses on machine

about 10 pullups

seated cable rows: 165x10,225x5,x5,x5

weird thing was I came home and my biceps were slightly pumped.

Cooking up some quinoa. Had 2 scoops SunWarrior in almond milk.

It sucks my elbows hurt at times especially when doing barbell bench. I was watching people do it today and wanted to hop in on a set sooo freakin bad!!

My joints hurt too much after so I'm not gonna risk it

Wednesday- off (napped instead)

Thurs(today)- Did Back.

Started off with Eagle seated machine rows(not cable)/pushups

Bent over BB rows

pushups

Eagle seated machine reverse flyes

Seated cable rows

Lat pulldowns

Smith SLDL/Smith shrugs

Eagle lat pulldown machine

I havent done any kind of DL in years due to personal reasons. I only did about 4-5 light sets(just one plate each side). I can tell my lower back is getting thicker. Here is a picture. On page 41 I have a pic from just 20 days ago and can see a difference. YAY ME!!!

http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs145.snc3/17235_536957556373_78201054_31503260_3657807_n.jpg

edit: took with phone instead of camera.... sorry so crappy looking

In and out in an hour and boy was I spent.

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Wow, in a years time I have almost 10,000 views. Thank you for reading it and I hope you are getting something out of it and not just reading what i do.

Yest I did full upper body. Went heavy on incline DB's hit 100's for 5 on my own again... but close to an hour into it I got sick feeling(not enough carbs before workout).

Today, I just went in and did some biceps(free weight and machine) and shot some basketball(made about 3 baskets within 15minutes time).

Lets rock out this new year with everyone setting an obtainable goal!!!!