diet plan? help needed.

mastertuner

Hey guys. I'm new to the bodybuilding scene.

this is a meal plan i found and i was wondering if it was ok for starters. i'm fourteen, vegan of course, and 125 at 5'10. i'm looking to build muscle, be stronger, cause i have super weak arms. also looking for the lean yet muscley look, like a true vegan bodybuilder. let me know what you guys think, as i need all the help i can get! The numbers at the side are the calories. i still haven't calculated carbs, protein, etc.

Meal One – 6am:

• 2 cups soy milk 160

• 1 orange 50

• ½ cup of oatmeal with one tbsp. jelly 200

Meal Two - 9am:

• Odwalla Organic Soy Protein Bar 230

• 1 small banana 100

Meal Three- 12pm

• 4 oz. Deli-style soy meat 100

• 2 slices soy cheese 90

• 2 slices organic whole-wheat bread 220

Meal Four - 3pm pre workout

• 2 tbls. Natural peanut butter 200

• 20 grams soy or hemp protein mixed in 8oz. Soy milk 190

Meal Five - 6pm or 7pm post workout

20 grams soy, hemp or rice protein and I cup soymilk 190

2 pieces toast 220

Meal Six - 10pm:

6 oz. Tofu mixed with 2 cups of mixed organic vegetables. My favorite vegetables are broccoli, spinach, cooked carrots, onions and garbanzo beans.

Or

Large salad made with:

• 2 to 3 cups of romaine lettuce 30

• 1 onion 30

• 1 tomato 50

• 1 fruit piece 50

There's calculators on line for people looking gain or loose or maintain. In order to gain weight, you have to eat 4000 calories approx to gain a pound -- that's 4000 OVER what you use. Not every day, if you go over 200 more than you use in a day, then over time, the weight is added on. Your diet looks healthy enough, and there's others who know more, but I'd increase by another 1000 a day min. in the form of healthy fats and way more protein, seitan and tempeh is very good. You can add one tbs of flax oil or hemp oil and that's 100 calories there. If you search this forum for people who have gone from your size to muscular, you will find what you need.

Search this forum though, I'm more versed in weight loss and I'd love to have started thin, rather than the other way around.

Search for bulking diet here. I just read something on here about your situation with a guy with your height and weight. You're not finished growing yet, so you might want to check with your pediatrician too. Try posting again with the subject; NEED TO GAIN, please help! And introduce yourself in the intro thread too.

Veganly,

Christina

I have to agree with Christina here. Post again. There are a lot of great folks here who would love to help.

I have a lot of bodybuilding experience, but only a small amount of vegan bodybuilding experience. So here goes my 2 cents worth. First and foremost is water. If you drink less than a gallon a day you are just dead wrong. Muscle is largely water so drink it. If you can hit two gallons a day, then you are doing great.

Calories: find your maintenance caloric intake. I recommend hitting 250 calories more than that. See where it goes. Unless you are using anabolics, then you need to think about eating more than that. If you are gaining lean mass (and you need to take weekly fat measurements), then you can experiment with 500 kcal per day. I actually find that when I tighten up my diet, I gain muscle without adding a single calorie.

Next protein, I find it damn hard to get a gram per pound per day. You have a ton of soy in here. Soy is good protein, but not enough. Get a variety of protein sources. That means tempeh, hemp (my latest find), some brown rice protein, and other veg proteins. The problem with veg protein is that they are incomplete proteins. What this means for you is adding some BCAA to your diet. I am the worst about these things because they are big as horse pills, and I hate taking them, but if you want to put on some size you better think about taking them.

I noticed you are taking fats into account, good job. You might like Udo's oil. I love it with my protein. It is a great source of Omega 3, 6, and 9. My muscles feel fuller with it.

Equally important to all this is training. What are you doing for training?